- Table View
- List View
Every year, thousands of people change careers. Whether you are a recently graduated student looking to put what you studied to good use or an experienced professional looking for a change in routine, finding a career that really suits you can be a daunting task.Cool Careers for Dummies helps you discover what you really want out of life, what your passions are, and how well you perform in different environments, and then shows you how to use this information to find a career that suits you. Now revised and up-to-date, this easy-to-use guidebook helps you explore your job options and make clear-minded decisions. This new edition gives you the tools you need to:Search for and find a career that fits your talentsLand the job you wantTrain for your new found careerMold your resume into a masterpiecePut on a stunning interviewImprove your career by making the most out of your jobExplore the fun and profit of self-employmentAlong with these features, Cool Careers for Dummies provides a self-assessment section to help you identify your interests. After answering a few questions about yourself, you'll apply your answers to the Cool Careers Yellow Pages, which profiles more than 500 great careers. It also lets you in on some unwritten codes of the office, such as having integrity, defusing saboteurs, and maintaining office relationships. So what are you waiting for? Get Cool Careers for Dummies and find the job of your dreams today!
Is your career path unclear? Are you stuck in a job you hate? Don't worry! Now revised and updated, this friendly guide helps you think outside the box and find a job you'll actually like. Written by a trio of renowned job- counseling experts, it's like having your very own dream team of career coaches! Marty Nemko has career coached 1,600 clients. His column appears in the classified section of the LA. Times and on Monster.com. Paul and Sarah Edwards career and self-employment books have sold over 1 million copies. Discover how to: *Locate and land terrific jobs *Get the training you need *Locate jobs, even if you hate networking *Become an employer's #1 job candidate *Make a humdrum job better.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.