- Table View
- List View
Beecher, Penna, and Bittinger's College Algebra is known for enabling students to "see the math" through its focus on visualization and early introduction to functions. With the Fourth Edition, the authors continue to innovate by incorporating more ongoing review to help students develop their understanding and study effectively. Mid-chapter Review exercise sets have been added to give students practice in synthesizing the concepts, and new Study Summaries provide built-in tools to help them prepare for tests. The MyMathLab course (access kit required) has been expanded so that the online content is even more integrated with the text's approach, with the addition of Vocabulary, Synthesis, and Mid-chapter Review exercises from the text as well as example-based videos created by the authors.
The Bittinger series changed the face of developmental education with the introduction of objective-based work texts that presented math one concept at a time. This approach allowed readers to understand the rationale behind each concept before practicing the associated skills and then moving on to the next topic. With this revision, Marv Bittinger continues to focus on building success through conceptual understanding, while also supporting readers with quality applications, exercises, and new review and study materials to help students apply and retain their knowledge.
Drawing examples from business, chemistry, and physics, this textbook walks through graphical and algebraic methods for solving linear equations, inequalities, and polynomials, as well as rational, radical, quadratic, exponential, and logarithmic equations. The second edition moves the conic sections material to an appendix and adds a section on factoring the sums and differences of cubes.
There are many features built into the daily lessons of this text that will help you learn the important concepts and skills you will need to be successful in this course. There are numerous Exercises in each lesson to give you the practice you need to learn. Practice Multiple Choice exercises are included in the lesson to help you prepare for success on your state test. The text also contains Error Analysis, Test Prep exercises, Critical Thinking exercises, Challenge exercises, etc.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.