- Table View
- List View
Beecher, Penna, and Bittinger's College Algebra is known for enabling students to "see the math" through its focus on visualization and early introduction to functions. With the Fourth Edition, the authors continue to innovate by incorporating more ongoing review to help students develop their understanding and study effectively. Mid-chapter Review exercise sets have been added to give students practice in synthesizing the concepts, and new Study Summaries provide built-in tools to help them prepare for tests. The MyMathLab course (access kit required) has been expanded so that the online content is even more integrated with the text's approach, with the addition of Vocabulary, Synthesis, and Mid-chapter Review exercises from the text as well as example-based videos created by the authors.
The Bittinger series changed the face of developmental education with the introduction of objective-based work texts that presented math one concept at a time. This approach allowed readers to understand the rationale behind each concept before practicing the associated skills and then moving on to the next topic. With this revision, Marv Bittinger continues to focus on building success through conceptual understanding, while also supporting readers with quality applications, exercises, and new review and study materials to help students apply and retain their knowledge.
Drawing examples from business, chemistry, and physics, this textbook walks through graphical and algebraic methods for solving linear equations, inequalities, and polynomials, as well as rational, radical, quadratic, exponential, and logarithmic equations. The second edition moves the conic sections material to an appendix and adds a section on factoring the sums and differences of cubes.
There are many features built into the daily lessons of this text that will help you learn the important concepts and skills you will need to be successful in this course. There are numerous Exercises in each lesson to give you the practice you need to learn. Practice Multiple Choice exercises are included in the lesson to help you prepare for success on your state test. The text also contains Error Analysis, Test Prep exercises, Critical Thinking exercises, Challenge exercises, etc.
This textbook provides thorough coverage of all traditional Algebra 2 concepts and skills. It also includes chapters on Trignometry.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.