A full-color cookbook and health guide featuring 100 recipes designed to reduce the risk and delay the onset of Alzheimer's, dementia, and memory loss, for people with a family history of these conditions or those already in the early stages, and their caregivers. Eat Smart, Stay SharpStrong medical evidence suggests that simple changes and additions to your diet can reduce the risk or delay the onset of Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia and memory loss. In The Alzheimer's Prevention Cookbook, Dr. Marwan Sabbagh outlines the latest evidence-based research on Alzheimer's and nutrition, and presents a dietary plan with nearly 100 recipes to enhance your health. Incorporating high-powered brain-boosting ingredients like turmeric, cinnamon, leafy greens, and even red wine, the recipes developed by Food Network star chef Beau MacMillan are also full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and omega-3s. The Alzheimer's Prevention Cookbook is a science-to-table plan that can help prevent Alzheimer's disease, and its strategies and recipes--from sandwiches to salads and beverages to main dishes--can also diminish your chances of developing other inflammatory illnesses like heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. This combination cookbook and health guide is a powerful, proactive, and preventive approach to achieving optimum brain health.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.