- Table View
- List View
Country Comfort: Cooking Across America is a keepsake recipe collection highlighting popular ingredients from each region of the United States. This fun and exciting cookbook is perfect for anyone looking to take a cross-country culinary tour of America and discover its vast food heritage.Country Comfort: Cooking Across America includes over 175 enticing recipes and accompanying anecdotes from cooks throughout the country. From the quaint seaside towns of the Northeast to the surfing villages of the West coast, Country Comfort: Cooking Across America is sure to provide you and your family with an endless variety of traditional and modern dishes all year long.Some of the great recipes from across the nation featured in Country Comfort: Cooking Across America include Baked Blueberry-Pecan French Toast, Michigan Cherry Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette, New England Lobster Rolls, Shrimp Creole, Real Texas Chili, Georgia Peach Pound Cake, and California Apple, Raisin, and Almond Chicken Salad.Country Comfort: Cooking Across America also includes:* Easy-to-follow techniques written by Chef Nicole Roarke to help simplify the cooking process* Professional tips and tricks of the trade for preparing common ingredients including garlic, chilies, and blended oils* And more...Eating at home saves money, strengthens family bonds, and allows for creativity in cooking. Whether you're a beginner who prefers easy-to-follow recipes or an experienced chef looking to expand your culinary horizons, Country Comfort: Cooking Across America is your go-to guide for flavorful and timeless recipes.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.