Fashion! gives your students an in-depth look at the exciting world of the fashion scene. This colorful text is designed for nonlaboratory textile and clothing courses. Fashion! includes hundreds of images to illustrate concepts and enhance learning. Fashion! can help your students become future employees in fashion-related businesses by helping them: * Understand the apparel industry and learn the skills needed to become more attuned to consumer concerns. * Explore globalization and trends for textile companies, apparel manufacturers, retailers, and consumers, including industry-wide collaboration, multichannel retailing, and cross-channel shopping. * Analyze how Internet technology is changing fashion firms' product development, promotion, and selling through electronics (e-commerce) and how mobile applications and social media affect consumer comparison shopping and buying practices (m-commerce). * Weigh the dilemma of imports, environmental sustainability, and ethical and social issues about companies when buying their goods. * Discuss how to deter, detect, and defend against identity theft. * Describe fashion design techniques. * Gain exposure to the career clusters and the many career opportunities in the apparel industry.
The World of Fashion Merchandising brings to life the business aspects of the fashion world. It presents the basics of market economics, textiles, design, and promotion. It gives an in-depth view of the entire textile, apparel, retail soft goods chain.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.