To Choose a HusbandIsabella's grandfather, the Earl of Westmere, insists she take a husband-and she must choose which of her four second cousins it must be. In desperation, Bella turns to Robert Huntley, the cousin with whom she's shared many a childhood adventure.A distinguished captain of the Hussars, Robert finds himself agreeing to her outrageous suggestion of a pretend engagement. He tells Bella he has no desire to be shackled in a loveless marriage, and their engagement must end once she's had a Season in town. Why, then, is he tantalized by thoughts of Bella, and the pleasures their marriage could bring them both?
AN UNSUITABLE ALLIANCERecently returned from the battlefields of Waterloo, the last thing wounded war hero Viscount Cavenham anticipates is a conflict in his home town! But that is exactly what Miles gets when he comes up against rebellious campaigner for justice and equality Helen Wayland. At first Miles relishes having headstrong, outspoken Helen as his foe, but as they continue to cross swords their animosity turns to attraction. Suddenly Miles finds he no longer wants Helen as his enemy-he'd like to make this unsuitable miss his wife!
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, 1840Preparations for the young Queen Victoria's wedding have thrown all of London into a frenzy-but for Lady Emily Sumner, her own marital dilemmas eclipse all the excitement!Forbidden to marry her beloved Lieutenant Richard Lawrence by her strict, status-conscious mama, Emily's chance at wedded bliss seems out of reach. . . But as Maid of Honour to the Queen, Emily discovers she has a secret weapon-royal approval! And with Queen Victoria's blessing, surely Emily's happy ending can't be too far behind. . . ?
Well over six feet tall, with broad, broad shoulders, he was the best-looking man Lady Lucinda Vernley had ever seen--and the most insufferably rude! With her family expecting her to make a good marriage according to her station, how could she possibly be fantasizing about a man she had seen working on her father's estate? It was tempting, though, to dream of a world where there were no social boundaries or rules. Myles Moorcroft didn't dress the gentleman, but by his manner there was something about him that had Lucy well and truly attracted and intrigued. . . .
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.