Psychiatry at a Glance is an easy-to-use, accessible introductory and study text for all students of psychiatry. It helps develop your skills in history taking and performing the Mental State Examination (MSE), and presents 'need to know' information on the basic science, treatment, and management of the major disorders.This edition features:Thoroughly updated and reorganised artwork, offering greater clarity and easier understanding for those new to the subjectGreater emphasis on history taking and examination - essential for clinical work and clerking patientsNew chapters on mental health capacity and coverage of the Australian and New Zealand health care legislationEven more Extended Matching Questions, brand new Single Best Answer Questions, and sample OSCE stations so you can test your knowledgeA brand new companion website at www.ataglanceseries.com/psychiatry, featuring updated case studies and downloadable illustrations.Psychiatry at a Glance is the ideal companion for anyone about to start a psychiatric attachment or module and will appeal to medical students, junior doctors and Psychiatry trainees as well as nursing students and other health professionals.
Written specifically for siblings of children with Tourette Syndrome (TS), Why Do You Do That? is an age-appropriate source of information for children and adolescents aged 8 to 16. Uttom Chowdhury and Mary Robertson describe tics and Tourette's in clear, child-friendly terms and provide a simple explanation of the biological causes. Other chapters focus on living with someone who has TS, associated features such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and aggression, and what siblings can do to help. The authors also offer practical tips on how to deal with issues such as problems at school and bullying. This book will prove invaluable for brothers and sisters of children with TS, as well as parents and other family members.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.