- Table View
- List View
Abstinence is designed to help students take a close look at the choices and decisions they make in their relationships and to recognize the value of practicing abstinence from sexual activity before marriage.
You make choices every day that affect you health. You decide what to eat, whom to have for friends, and how to spend your time. This book will help you learn to recognize the right choices. It will also give you the chance to look at your health habits now.
Glencoe Health is a research-based program that will give your students the skills they need to stand up to peer pressure, avoid risky behaviors, and develop the resilience they need to handle the changes they'll face during their school years and throughout their lives. Correlated to the national health education standards, this is the program you can trust!
This book contains all one needs to know about their health; what to eat, how to exercise, body systems etc.
Imagine that the story of your health were made into a video. The video would portray your health from the day you were born until today. What would be on it?
Everything you need to teach and motivate your students is here--in one comprehensive, skills-based health program. Glencoe Health combines print, audio, and technology resources in an integrated program of health education sure to engage and challenge every student. With its short lessons, interactive format, increased emphasis on skill-building, and exciting new visual approach, Glencoe Health is the health program that helps students find answers to today's perplexing health issues.
Everything teachers would like to teach their students about health is in this book.
BUILD THE SKILLS THAT LEAD TO A HEALTHY LIFE! Everything you need to teach and motivate your students is here--in one comprehensive, skills-based health program. With this edition, Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, the leading publisher of health education materials and CNN/Turner Broadcasting, the world's news leader have teamed up to create this dynamic feature and video as a new way to look at and study health issues. ·CNN Health News articles expand on chapter topics to help students better understand their own health and the health of those around them. ·CNN Health News Videos introduce students to professionals in the scientific community who provide their expertise and offer new information on important topics. Young people will share their viewpoints about relevant health news today. Glencoe Health combines print, audio, and technology resources in an integrated program of health education that is certain to engage and challenge every student. With its short lessons, interactive format, increased emphasis on skill building, and exciting new visual approach, Glencoe Health is the health curriculum that helps students find answers to today's perplexing health issues. Help your students assess their health and improve their health skills. Glencoe Health covers the entire spectrum of high school health issues--from personal health to injury prevention; from community health to nutrition and fitness; and from alcohol, tobacco, and drugs to personal development and family living--in a high-interest, interactive style your students will respond to and enjoy. Student Modules . Abstinence . HIV/AIDS and Society . Education in Sexuality . The Reality of Drugs and more.
Good health involves every part of your life. Health is a combination of physical, mental/emotional, and social well-being.
To Build Good Health, Middle School Students Need the Right Tools! Glencoe Teen Health is the integrated, activities-based health program written especially for middle school students! This sequential, three-course program provides the perfect combination of course material and interactive multimedia resources. Glencoe Teen Health helps students understand that good health affects their school performance, their friendships, their looks, and their lives. Glencoe Teen Health stretches far beyond traditional health topics to cover the subjects your students really want to know about. It explains the importance of avoiding risky behaviors and provides step-by-step guidelines on how to do so. Student-friendly modules allow you to supplement the core curriculum with selected topics. Course 3 Student Modules: HIV/AIDS, Healthy Relationships and Sexuality, Violence Prevention. Take a virtual tour of this program by clicking on the Teen Health e-Sample package here.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.