- Table View
- List View
One score and six years before confronting the Companions in Xak Tsaroth, the black dragon Khisanth is awakened from a centuries-long sleep. The world she had known as a young wyrm is gone, irrevocably changed by the Cataclysm. Now fully grown, she has much to learn about being a dragon in a world where her kind are feared as the villains in stories told to children. Her lessons are hard, learned at the hands of two achingly beautiful creatures who entrust her to save their race; an aging evil dragon who resents Khisanth's innate power; and the only man she considers her equal, one she would honor by carrying him into battle... if only he were not her sworn enemy. When a conspiracy at the highest levels of the Black Wing threatens the Dark Queen's army, Khisanth realizes her true devotion to evil and is rewarded with a destiny handed down by Takhisis herself. The Black Wing is the first dragon lance novel to fully explore the dynamics of dragon life from the unique perspective of the most powerful and magical creatures on the world of Krynn.
First launched over a decade ago, the Preludes series has continued to prove popular with Dragonlance fans. This re-release of Flint the King showcases a new look that is also reflected in the other recovers of this series. The title features cover art from lead Dragonlance saga artist Matt Stawicki. Before the War of the Lance The peaceful life of Flint Fireforge is disturbed when he is forced to leave Solace and return to his dwarven homeland to investigate his brother's murder. As he delves into the mystery, unexpected allies and unseen enemies join the fight of truth against treachery. Flint soon discovers that to bring his brother's killer to justice, he must either die or become king. He's not sure which choice might be worse.
Tasslehoff Burrfoot's adventures prior to the Dragonlance Chronicles.
The name Guerrand DiThon has been cursed by his family since the day he disappeaered. When a mysterious plague strikes their beleaguered village, Guerrand's name is invoked again -- as the cause of the disaster.Bram DiThon, Guerrand's nephew, is more like his uncle than the family would care to admit. A skilled herbalist, Bram has unknowingly turned his skills toward magic. It is to Bram the villagers turn when the plague changes their eyes to onyx, their limbs to snakes, and their flesh to stone.Unable to stop the unexplainable deaths, Bram sets out to find his missing uncle. He learns that Guerrand is the High Defender of Bastion, the last stronghold before the Lost Citadel. But in finding him, Bram has unwittingly given an evil mage -- once Guerrand's friend, now his archenemy -- the key to destroy the three orders of sorcery.The Medusa Plague is the second in the Defenders of Magic Trilogy, a series by Dragonlance saga author Mary Kirchoff that will explore for the first time many of the secrets of sorcery in the world of Krynn.
Magic at its peak!It will soon be the Night of the Eye, a rare time when all three moons align in high sanction over the lands of Krynn. On the eve of Guerrand DiThon's political marriage to a rival family, the young noble is visited by a strange, powerful mage who knows more about him than he does himself. Seduced by promises of wizardly might, Guerrand slips away beneath the triple moons and journeys for the Tower of Wayreth.No one thinks he will survive the deadly trek to the tower, but he does. It's only then that Guerrand realizes that he has made many enemies in his journey. One of these foes would not only see Guerrand dead, but the three orders of sorcery destroyed with him.
Shadow of the past!A wizard sacrificed himself to preserve the secrets of magic. Centuries later, the survival of magic is again in question. The key is a young lord whose heritage is tied to the tuatha dundarael, faerie folk who practice powerful earth magic. These secrets are the weapons that Guerrand and Bram DiThon will wield in defending their Art against an old, scarred enemy.For Lyim, Guerrand's former friend and now renegade wizard, seeks to destroy the magic that he believes has forsaken him. The final battle will rage across the universe.The Seventh Sentinel is the final volume of the Defenders of Magic Trilogy, an series by Dragonlance saga author Mary Kirchoff that explores the secrets of sorcery in the world of Krynn.
Stop, thief! One spring day Tasslehoff Burrfoot comes to Solace, accidentally pockets a copper bracelet, and (forcibly) makes the acquaintance of Tanis Half-Elven and Flint Fireforge. A simple tale. Except that the fate of the entire race of Dargonesti sea elves hangs in the balance. How does this piece of kender-coveted jewelry lead the companions and a sea elf princess to ally with the phaethons, creatures with wings of flame? The answer lies with a mysterious mage, a broker of souls, who knows the bracelet's secret and has a hideous plan to rule the Black Robes. Wanderlust is the second exciting installment in the DRAGONLANCE® saga Meetings Sextet by Steve Winter and Mary Kirchoff, author of Kendermore and Flint, the King.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.