- Table View
- List View
Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome (or Tourettes syndrome) is an inherited neuropsychiatric disorder affecting five people inn every 10,000. It is characterized by multiple verbal and motor tic, which occur in bouts many times each day. These can be mild in some cases, but can reach a disabling extent in some sufferers, and can include some upsetting and anti-social behavior, such as involuntary swearing and obscene gestures in others. This book, written by a physiologist and a psychiatrist, who have been researching Tourette's syndrome for many years, explains the causes of the syndrome, how it is diagnosed, and the ways in which it can be treated. It includes a section providing clear answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the disorder and another chapter devoted to coping strategies for close relatives of people diagnosed as having Tourette's syndrome.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.