- Table View
- List View
Vanessa March, two years married and very much in love, is propelled from London to Vienna by a shocking discovery. In her charge is young Timothy Lacy, who also has an urgent problem to solve. But what promised to be no more than a delicate personal mission turns out to involve the security forces of three countries, two dead men, a circus and its highly colored personnel, a mysterious Mr. Lee Elliott and--among others--the famous white stallions of Vienna. The 'airs above the ground' are the beautiful leaps and dancing steps made by the white Lipizzaner stallions of the Spanish Riding School. They are also the peak points of the story, which happen literally in high places: a terrifying night on the rooftop of Schloss Zechstein; a high-wire act in the Circus Wagner; the fighting finish at the head of the rack railway in the Gleinalp.
Mary Stewart tells the Arthurian legend in her own unique way, bringing to life one of the world's greatest legends and mysteries, shedding a fascinating new light on the turbulence and mystery of fifth-century Britain.
We follow Merlin as he prepares for Arthur's birth and early years. While Merlin travels, he watches from afar until Arthur grows into his destiny. Merlin discovers hints which will lead him to the Sword which will become the "sword in the stone" of more traditional version of the legend.
THE LAST ENCHANTMENT, Mary Stewart's third magnificent and haunting novel of Dark Age Britain. Fully captures the flavour of Arthurian Britain and its rich legends, with larger than life characters who involve the reader in every action and emotion.
Designed for courses in Creativity, Two-, Three- or Four-Dimensional Design, Launching the Imagination offers a comprehensive framework on which students, teachers, and administrators can build. The approach in this third edition is refined, distilled, and updated, using over 600 examples drawn from traditional and contemporary sources. Interviews of artists and designers, known as Profiles, introduce students to working processes, career choices, and criteria for excellence from a remarkable group of masters. Launching the Imagination is available in a comprehensive volume treating 2D design, Creativity and Problem-solving, 3D design, and time-based (4D) design; or in split volumes containing either 2D or 3D design, plus the material on Creativity and Problem-solving. This edition of Launching the Imagination moves the content of the Core Concepts in Art CD-ROM to the Online Learning Center. With free access, this website, which engages students interactively with the elements and principles of art through numerous interactive exercises, has been re-organized and expanded.
Launching the Imagination treats design as both a verb and a noun--as both a process and a product. Through an immersion in 2-D concepts and problems, students are encouraged to develop ways of thinking visually that will serve them throughout their studies and careers. They learn that design is deliberate--a process of exploring a wide range of solutions and choosing the most promising option for further development.
Book by the author of The Crystal Cave. A black cat leads a lonely girl on an adventure beginning with a broomstick ride to a school for witches.
Much of a strange and tragic drama of revenge, lust, fear, and death has already been played by the time Charity Selborne arrives at a plush resort in the South of France. But by befriending a terrified boy and catching the attention of his enigmatic, possibly murderous father, Charity has inadvertently placed herself center stage.
Set against the ancient and brooding landscape of Crete, a chilling adventure of a young English girl who unwittingly stumbles onto a murderer's vicious plot. Romantic suspense.
A strange terror lay coiled in the shadows behind the brooding elegance of the huge chateau.
In the summer of 1947, war widow Kate Herrick returns to her childhood home, the tiny, tranquil Rose Cottage. But she soon discovers that someone - perhaps one of her strange, elderly neighbors - has broken in and stolen some important papers. Gossip spreads across the small village, as Kate enlists her childhood friends to help her uncover the truth. This quest opens up old family bitterness, jealousy, and revenge, forcing her to confront her own past. Along the way she finds true happiness in her humble beginnings and discovers romance where she least expects it.
Self help of practicing yoga, gives tips and techniques on how yoga can really work.
Gilly inherits a house from her cousin, and seems to have inherited her cousin's witching powers too.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.