- Table View
- List View
Achieve the lean, fit look of a professional athlete in just twelve weeks with this straightforward fitness plan. New studies are confirming what Paul Goldberg has already observed in his high-profile clients: getting leaner--not just thinner--is the single most important change that we can make to feel and look our best. What many Americans struggle with today is known as normal weight obesity: normal body weight, but high body-fat percentage, which can lead to serious health problems. Now Goldberg has developed an effective plan to lower body fat by eating the right foods and building muscle. The twelve-week Lean Look program requires no fancy equipment, takes thirty minutes a day, six days a week, and can easily be done at home. Goldberg shows how to add foods to your diet that promote muscle development, cut back on foods that encourage fat storage, time your meals for optimal nutrition, and exercise to burn fat. With over 100 photographs, a Lean Look journal, body-fat tables, and a four-week meal plan,The Lean Lookis a straightforward guide to getting the sculpted, athletic body you've always wanted.
Most of the 23 million American men who lift weights do so to get bigger; unfortunately, many of them are going nowhere with watered-down bodybuilding routines that don't help them actually getstronger. Eric Cressey's cutting-edge four-phase program, featuring constant progression, variation, and inspiring goals, keeps you focused on increasing strength along with muscle mass, helping you achieve the fittest, most energetic, and best-looking body you've ever had-with fewer hours at the gym.
Do you want to run faster? Are you trying to peak for a particular race? Would you like to find your true running potential? Brad Hudson, former Olympic Trials marathoner and current coach to Olympians like Dathan Ritzenhein, will show you the way in this practical, reader-friendly guide. Hudson is the most innovative running coach to come along in a generation. Until now, only a handful of elite athletes have been able to benefit from his methods. Now Run Faster from the 5K to the Marathon shows all runners how to coach themselves as confidently and effectively as Brad coaches his world-class athletes. Becoming your own best coach is the ticket to running faster at any distance. First you will learn to assess your abilities. Then you'll learn how to devise a training program specifically geared to you. Filled with easy-to-follow sample training programs for distances ranging from the 5K to the marathon and abilities ranging from novice to advanced, Run Faster is the cutting-edge guide for optimal performance.With Hudson's guidance, you can train smarter and more effectively--and avoid injury. And you'll soon be running faster than you ever thought possible!
Training, diet, health, equipment, & safety tips - this book has the information needed to participate safely & competitively in triathlete sports.
Triathlete Magazine's Essential Week-by-Week Training Guide: Plans, Scheduling Tips, and Workout Goals for Triathletes of All Levelsby Matt Fitzgerald
The premier magazine devoted to the increasingly popular triple-event sport presents the proven, definitive guide to boosting your fitness and getting that extra edge to do your best. Triathlete Magazine's Essential Week-by-Week Training Guide offers 42 complete training plans for every variety of triathlete, from absolute beginner to elite veteran, for every distance from sprints to Ironman. Get set to discover: How to balance and vary your workouts for peak performance, The six intensity levels, from recovery (the slowest pace) to speed (the fastest), Why tune-up races make the best workouts, Why rest is more important for the veteran than the beginner, What makes swim workouts different from bike and run workouts, How to maximize your strength in minimum time. Book jacket.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.