- Table View
- List View
Today you die. Today you are reborn. Today you hunt the man who killed you. It's Lee Child vs. 'Altered Carbon' in a high-tech blast of tough-as-nails future thrills. Matt Forbeck arrives as the new king of high-concept - with a blockbuster action movie in a book. In the near future, scientists solve the problem of mortality by learning how to backup and restore a persons memories into a vat-bred clone. When Secret Service agent Ronan "Methusaleh" Dooley is brutally murdered, he's brought back from the dead yet again to hunt his killer, and in doing so uncover a terrible conspiracy.
He should have stuck to fighting dragons... Welcome to a delightfully twisted fantasy world where humans, elves, goblins and ogres work out their aggressions not on the battlefield, but on the football field. When talent scout Slick Fullbelly spots Dunk bringing down a chimera with a spear from a hundred paces, he's sure that his search is over. Slick works for the Bad Bay Hackers, and they need a new thrower. Dunk is about to be plunged headfirst into the insane world of Blood Bowl-the fastest, meanest sport in this dark and brutal world.- Dunk puts down his sword and steps off the battlefield... onto the football field. adventure, Blood Bowl is pure gridiron carnage and insanity!
It's Titanic meets 30 Days of Night.When the survivors of the Titanic are picked up by the passenger steamship Carpathia, they thought their problems were over.But something's sleeping in the darkest recesses of the ship. Something old. Something hungry.File Under: Fantasy [ Bump In The Night | Unthinkable | Rescue Remedy | 1912 Overture ]e-book ISBN: 978-0-85766-203-3From the Trade Paperback edition.
250 years ago, Ascalon burned . . . Desperate to defend his land from advancing hordes of bestial charr, King Adelbern summoned the all-powerful Foefire to repel the invaders. But magic can be a double-edged sword--the Foefire burned both charr and human alike. While the charr corpses smoldered, the slain Ascalonians arose again, transformed by their king's rage into ghostly protectors and charged with guarding the realm . . . forever. The once mighty kingdom became a haunted shadow of its former glory.Centuries later, the descendants of Ascalon, exiled to the nation of Kryta, are besieged on all sides. To save humankind, Queen Jennah seeks to negotiate a treaty with the hated charr. But one obstacle remains. The charr legions won't sign the truce until their most prized possession, the Claw of the Khan-Ur,is returned from the ruins of fallen Ascalon.Now a mismatched band of adventurers, each plagued by ghosts of their own, sets forth into a haunted, war-torn land to retrieve the Claw. Without the artifact, there is no hope for peace between human and charr--but the undead king who rules Ascalon won't give it up easily, and not everyone wants peace!
Marked for Death begins a new epic trilogy set in the world of Eberron, Wizards of the Coast's newest D&D® campaign setting. The Eberron world will continue to grow through new roleplaying game products, novels, miniatures, and electronic games.AUTHOR BIO: Matt Forbeck has written and designed games for more than 14 years, for which he has garnered several awards. His most recent title for Wizards of the Coast was Secret of the Spiritkeeper, the kickoff novel for the Knights of the Silver DragonTM young reader series for MirrorstoneTM Books.
* Stage a coup * Swim with sharks * Beat a breathalyzer * The Forbidden Knowledge series has taken readers over the edge before, but never like this. The Most Forbidden Knowledge jam-packs the best and baddest how-tos into one car-stealing, keg-kicking, base-jumping-off-a-skyscraper collection. You'll find everything you ever wanted to learn (though probably never should) in this ultimate self-destruction manual.
Based on the hit role-playing game, "Mutant Chronicles" is now a major new science-fiction/horror feature film, starring John Malkovich and Ron Perlman, scheduled to be released in the fall of 2008.
The epic Eberron trilogy The Lost Mark continues!The dark and mysterious world of Eberron continues to expand through RPG products and novels. This is the sixth novel set in the Eberron world. Matt Forbeck has written and designed games for more than 14 years, for which he has garnered several awards. His most recent title for Wizards of the Coast, Inc. was Marked for Death, the kickoff novel for The Lost Mark trilogy.
Star Wars Vs. Star Trek: Could the Empire kick the Federation's Ass? And other Galaxy-Shaking Enigmasby Matt Forbeck
Could a Jedi knight use his light saber to deflect a beam from a phaser? Which aliens are cooler: the Cardassians or the Chazrach?Have any Federation ships ever made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs? And most important . . . in a fight between the Empire and the Federation, who would win? Ever since Princess Leia's starship hove into sight on the silver screen, fans of Star Wars and Star Trek have been debating these questions. Now, side by side, they can line up aliens, technology, story points, weaponry, and heroes from the two great science fiction/fantasy stories of our age. For fans everywhere, this volume offers detailed information about both universes, as well as trivia, quizzes, quotes, and information drawn from these two iconic settings. So phasers on stun and light sabers at the ready! It's time for the duel to begin.
It's a kind of magic... When two college freshmen decide to spend Spring Break using their magic to fleece the gambling tables of Las Vegas, little do they imagine that Vegas harbors some magical secrets of its own... And of course what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas - alive or dead.File Under: [The Mob & Magic | Ancient Secrets | Zombie Wizardry | Bet Your Life]
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.