- Table View
- List View
Matthew Dunn knows his spycraft--and he proves it once again in Sentinel, his second electrifying Spycatcher novel. A former British M16 field officer trained in all aspects of intelligence collection, small-arms and explosives, military unarmed combat, and more, Dunn has an addition talent most other spies lack: he can really write! In Sentinel, Dunn brings back Agent Will Cochrane--whom Kirkus Reviews calls, "a Nietzschean hero who looks poised to give Lee Child's Jack Reacher a run for his readers"--and sends him to Avacha Bay in eastern Russia, where he must infiltrate a top-secret submarine base, decode a cryptic message from a deep undercover operative, and quite possibly prevent a devastating war.
Master spy Will Cochrane must catch a missing Russian defector as well as one of Europes deadliest assassins in this action-packed follow-up to Sentinel, written by real-life former field officer Matthew DunnWill Cochrane monitors the nighttime streets of Gdansk, Poland--waiting for the appearance of a Russian defector, a man bearing a top-secret document. Will believes the defector is about to step out of the cold and into the hands of Polish authorities, but suddenly everything goes sideways. The target shows up, but so does a team from the Russian foreign intelligence service SVR, and they are hell-bent on keeping the man from walking. Then, in a hail of cross fire, a van speeds into the melee and snatches the defector out from under them all. Everyone wants the man and the codes he carries--but now hes gone and its up to Will and his CIA/MI6 team to find him before the Russians do. Will tracks both the missing Russian and his kidnappers, believing the defector has his own warped agenda. But soon its apparent that the real perpetrator could be someone much more powerful: a former East German Stasi officer who instigated a supersecret pact between Russian and U. S. generals almost twenty years ago. An agreement, which if broken for any reason, was designed to unleash the worlds deadliest assassin. Then Will learns that the Russians have tasked their own "spycatcher"--an agent just as ruthless and relentless as Will--to retrieve the document. Now Will knows that he faces two very clever and deadly adversaries, who will stop at nothing to achieve their aims.
The most electrifying espionage thriller debut in years-and one of the first in modern memory to be written by a former agent under his own name . . . Spycatcher Matthew Dunn Matthew Dunn spent years as an MI6 field operative working on some of the West's most clandestine missions. He recruited and ran agents, planned and participated in special operations, and operated deep undercover throughout the world. In Spycatcher he draws on this fascinating experience to breathe urgent, dynamic new life into the contemporary spy novel. Featuring deft and daring superspy Will Cochrane, Dunn paints a nerve-jangling, bracingly authentic picture of today's secret world. It is a place where trust is precious and betrayal is cheap-and where violent death is the reward for being outplayed by your enemy. Will Cochrane, the CIA's and MI6's most prized asset and deadliest weapon, has known little outside this world since childhood. And he's never been outplayed. So far . . . Will's controllers task him with finding and neutralizing one of today's most wanted terrorist masterminds, a man believed to be an Iranian Revolutionary Guard general. Intending to use someone from the man's past to flush him out of the shadows, Will believes he has the perfect plan, but he soon discovers, in a frantic chase from the capitals of Europe to New York City, that his adversary has more surprises in store and is much more treacherous than anyone he has ever faced-and survived-up to now.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.