- Table View
- List View
The alligator family races through the alphabet. "U usually upside down [illustration: Papa and Boy are standing on their hands and heads]" A fun book for kids and adults to read together. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
"In August it will be so hot I will become a cooking pot cooking soup of course. Why not? Cooking once cooking twice cooking chicken soup with rice. ..."
Originally published in 1929, Erich Kastner's engaging tale has delighted readers young and old, for generations. It's Emil's first train ride alone and he's excited, and a little nervous. On the train, his fellow passengers are impressed with how polite and grown-up Emil is, and the man in the bowler hat offers him some chocolate--but Emil keeps checking his coat pocket, where he's pinned the money that he is taking to his grandmother. Soon, though, Emil finds himself getting sleepy... and the next thing he knows, the man in the bowler hat is gone-- and so is the money! With the help of some new friends Emil becomes a detective and tracks the thief through the city. With its enduring themes of leadership, courage, and teamwork, there are many lessons to be learned by the grownups and the children, alike, and the delightful illustrations by Walter Trier make this rollicking, heartwarming tale come alive.
Little Bear's father is finally coming home from a long fishing trip. Little Bear is very excited to see him--even if he doesn't bring the mermaid Little Bear has been hoping for!
Classic dreamlike children's tale of a boy's nighttime cooking adventures.
One summer Little Bear makes friends with a girl named Emily. But when summer ends, Emily must leave. Little Bear is very sad--until he finds a way to stay close to his new friend even when she is far away!
FROM THE BOOK JACKET: One was Johnny--but that's not all, count the others who came to call. This is a book about counting from one to ten and then backwards from ten to one.
Maurice Sendak, the master conjurer of images and words, mingles dark memories with myth, nightmares with sweet dreams and turns them all into "a profound work of art for children".--New York Times. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
There once was a boy named Pierre who only would say, "I don't care!" Read his story, my friend, for you'll find at the end that a suitable moral lies there.
The wild adventure of a boy named Max who is sent to his room without his supper by his mother as punishment for talking back. Max wears a distinctive wolf suit during his adventures and encounters various mythical creatures, the "wild things". Although just ten sentences long, the book is generally regarded as a masterpiece of American illustrated children's literature. Written in 1963, it was awarded the Caldecott Medal in 1964. It also won the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award, and was an ALA Notable Book. Other awards: Reading Rainbow Book, New York Times Best Illustrated Book, Lewis Carroll Shelf Award.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.