- Table View
- List View
The alligator family races through the alphabet. "U usually upside down [illustration: Papa and Boy are standing on their hands and heads]" A fun book for kids and adults to read together. This file should make an excellent embossed braille copy.
"In August it will be so hot I will become a cooking pot cooking soup of course. Why not? Cooking once cooking twice cooking chicken soup with rice. ..."
Classic dreamlike children's tale of a boy's nighttime cooking adventures.
FROM THE BOOK JACKET: One was Johnny--but that's not all, count the others who came to call. This is a book about counting from one to ten and then backwards from ten to one.
Maurice Sendak, the master conjurer of images and words, mingles dark memories with myth, nightmares with sweet dreams and turns them all into "a profound work of art for children".--New York Times. Copyright © Libri GmbH. All rights reserved.
There once was a boy named Pierre who only would say, "I don't care!" Read his story, my friend, for you'll find at the end that a suitable moral lies there.
The wild adventure of a boy named Max who is sent to his room without his supper by his mother as punishment for talking back. Max wears a distinctive wolf suit during his adventures and encounters various mythical creatures, the "wild things". Although just ten sentences long, the book is generally regarded as a masterpiece of American illustrated children's literature. Written in 1963, it was awarded the Caldecott Medal in 1964. It also won the Boston Globe-Horn Book Award, and was an ALA Notable Book. Other awards: Reading Rainbow Book, New York Times Best Illustrated Book, Lewis Carroll Shelf Award.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.