- Table View
- List View
No matter how much people plan, prepare, or prevent, adversity still finds a way to surprise us. Max Davis believes everyone has the ability to turn tragedy into triumph, hurt into happiness, and outrage into outreach. This wonderful book uses old-fashioned values, new-fashioned wisdom, real-life stories of everyday people, and a big dose of faith to help people become problem solvers, not victims. <P> "If you want the techniques to navigate successfully through your life-read this book. " (Mark Victor Hansen, co-creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul) <P> "[Davis] displays a refreshing combination of honesty, humility, optimism, and faith. This attitude. . . not only strengthens his credibility as an adviser to the suffering but also sets the book apart; unlike most authors who tackle these topics, Davis yields a book infused with lightness that does not actually make light of the serious topics it covers. " (Publishers Weekly) <P> "This book will be of interest to readers who are believers of any faith but also to those who are not believers but are open-minded and curious. " (Sunday Advocate, Baton Rouge, LA)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.