The book focuses on HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment strategies in resource-poor settings. Contributors include HIV/AIDS researchers and public health administrators from the US, Africa, China, and Thailand. Several chapters, written by local health officials, take a close look at AIDS prevention and treatment in China at the community level. Other chapters cover issues of treatment scale-up, drug resistance, and mother-to-child transmission in Southern Africa and Thailand, and offer lessons learned for researchers in other developing countries. Overall the aim of this book is to bring some of the latest issues to the fore, and to foster exchange and collaboration between AIDS researchers in developing countries. This book grew out of an annual conference held in China and organized by the Harvard School of Public Health, and could possibly become the first volume of a series.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.