- Table View
- List View
Growing up in foster care, Zipporah "Z" Saldano never dreamed of becoming a police officer, but after she's rescued from a hostage situation during the LA Riots, she chooses a career in law enforcement. After ten good years on the force, Z is involved in a domestic homicide case gone awry. Her partner is killed, and Z is fired when alcohol is detected in her system. It's two long years before she gets sober and opens her own private investigation firm. Now Shirley, her former foster mother, is in need of Z's help. Someone has murdered her grandson, a high school basketball star, and she wants Z to find out who did it. Z soon finds herself in deeper trouble than when she was kicked out of the LAPD. What she discovers is a conspiracy much deeper than anyone would believe, and she finds her own life is in danger.
Life hasn't always been easy for Zipporah "Z" Saldano, but at 35, she's finally come to grips with some of her demons, and things are looking up. She's moved beyond mourning the loss of her LAPD job, her partner, and her murdered nephew. She has a new love, Detective Romero Gonzalez, and she's dedicated to remaining sober. Her new business, Saldano's Private Investigations, is thriving. Just when she thinks she has a handle on life, though, her older brother, Mayhem, is kidnapped. His involvement with the Crips leads Z to believe that a Mexican gang has something to do with his disappearance. Chaos returns to Z's life when she discovers that the gang has ties to her boyfriend's family. Will Z be able to get her brother back? Will her relationship with Romero survive? Things are going on that are not right. Nothing is as it seems, and once again Zipporah Saldano will have to contend with mystery and mayhem in the City of Angels.
After freeing her gang-banging brother Mayhem from a hostage situation in Brazil, Zipporah "Z" Saldano returns home with her world turned totally upside down. Romero, the love of her life, was murdered in the shootout that finally freed Mayhem from his kidnappers, and two weeks after his funeral Z discovers she's pregnant. She would love to have something left of Romero to hold on to the memory of their love, but she's not sure if she's carrying his child. During the rescue attempt in Rio, she was tied up, drugged, and possibly raped, so she has no way of knowing if the child might be her attacker's. Z is contemplating abortion, until a medical emergency makes her realize how much she wants this child. Z settles in to the idea of carrying this baby to full term, and life goes back to some semblance of normal. Z's reality show, "Women in Business," takes off, which helps Z with her mourning process. She also manages to track down her long lost younger siblings, and then she is reunited with her mother, Venita. For a while, Z feels whole. She's beginning to look forward to motherhood. But just when Z enters the last trimester of her pregnancy, the Brazilian Cartel locates her. Z learns through the FBI that the Executioner has been sent to kill her, so she goes into hiding in a cabin in the mountains. When the Executioner discovers her hiding place, Z will have to match wits with this professional hit man. Will Z and her child survive?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.