- Table View
- List View
A secondary school textbook introducing such earth sciences as geology, meteorology, and oceanography. Includes study questions at the end of each chapter.
Literature and Language is different from other books you have used in two important ways. First, it is organized to help you tie together your study of the language arts--literature, writing, and language. The literature, chosen for its appeal to your life, serves as the starting point for all your learning. Students like you helped to select the stories, plays, articles, and poems that appear in this book (see their names on page vi). You'll find stories that have been favorites for many generations, as well as works by current writers.
This book covers Biology New York educational standards for grades 8 through 12.
World History helps you understand key events, people, places, and issues that happened in the ancient times through early modern times. It provides a variety of tools to help you explore world history online.
A science book that introduces the young future scientist to the systematic study of the nature from molecular particles to the human body to the whole universe. it's divided science into different fields: Life science Earth science Physical science
Contains: *Two-Page Study Guide for Each Section of the Textbook Promotes Active Reading, & *Note-Taking Handbook Models A Variety of Graphic Organizers for Taking Notes and Building Vocabulary
A textbook reader for young adults features William Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet," plus short stories, poems, and essays designed to build reading comprehension.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.