- Table View
- List View
History is filled with people, events, facts, and details. Sometimes you can get lost in all the details. This is why the most important strategy to remember as you read a history textbook is to form the "big picture" of history.
Focuses on Physical Science -- the Interactive Reader makes reading science fun, exciting and easy to read
The Remediation Book offers remediation for the skills and concepts in California Math Course 1, Course 2, and Algebra 1 and in Algebra Readiness. The Remediation Book is subdivided into the following strands: Whole Numbers, Decimals, and Integers; Fractions; Ratio, Proportion, and Percent; Geometry; Measurement; Algebra Concepts; Coordinate Graphs; Polynomials and Rational Expressions; Probability; and Statistics. Each strand is subdivided into 9 to 30 two-page lessons. Lessons provide examples, helpful hints, and a variety of exercises.
A classic edition on the history, geography, people, culture, and economy of Texas, the largest state in the US.
This Creating America Workbook contains: Three Worlds Meet, Beginnings to 1763, Creating a New Nation 1763-1791, The Early Republic, 1789-1844, A Changing Nation, 1810-1860, The Nation Divided and Rebuilt, 1846-1877, America Transformed. 1860-1914, Modern America Emerges, 1880-1920, and Depression, War, and Recovery, 1919-1960.
In this book you will see how scientific knowledge keeps growing and changing as scientists ask new questions and rethink what was known before.
This book contains a good collection of math exercises and examples.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.