- Table View
- List View
The InterActive Reader Plus is a new kind of literature book.<P> Includes literature text, help for reading, vocabulary support, and skillbuilder pages<P> Special additional features include section summaries, more about..., What does it mean?, English Learner Support, and Reading Checks.
Features in this book include life over time, diversity of living things, ecology and human biology.
The contents of the book are: Animal Farm: novel by George Orwell: a powerful fable that uses animals to reflect human political failure; The Stalin Epigram: poem by Osip Mandelstam; The Rebellion of the Magical Rabbits: short story by Ariel Dorfman-A fable about tyranny and rebellion; Crow Song: poem by Margaret Atwood; Harrison Bergeron: short story by Kurt Vonnegut-Total equality--a dream or a nightmare?; The Birds: short story by Daphne du Maurier-Human terror caused by a revolution of birds.
12th Grade Literature Sourcebook
High School English textbook
American Literature textbook for high school
Maniac Magee, winner of the 1991 Newbery Medal, is the story of a homeless young wanderer who can move like no one else the town has ever seen. "Maniac" Magee intercepts a football on a field of players twice his size, hits an inside-the-park home run without a baseball, and wins a race running backwards. Two challenges he can't outrun: the strong racial divisions in his hometown, and his need for a loving family.
This Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics Workbook contains a wealth of skill-building exercises.
Research is about satisfying curiosity, about finding some¬thing you are interested in, exploring it, and making discoveries. Research is about extending the range of what you know. It is like sailing off the edge of the map into unknown territory. Research is an exciting adventure, but this adventure requires no fancy equipment. All you really need is curiosity, a desire to find out who, what, where, when, why, and how.
If you are looking to improve your reading skills, then this is the book for you.
An anthology of world literature.
Stories, poems, articles and other kinds of documents help you learn to be an appreciative and critical reader.
A textbook on American literature for the state of Michigan.
Literature textbook, focusing on British literature, for Pennsylvania students.
This textbook is closely aligned to the Michigan High School Content Expectations for English Language Arts. Every time you learn new information or practice a skill, you are mastering one of the expectations. Each unit, each reading selection, and each workshop in this textbook connects to at least one of the expectations. The expectations covered in each section of a unit are listed on the opening page of the section.
This book is set in line with the New York literature education standards.
This book is all about big questions like How powerful is LOVE?, What makes a HERO?, Does good always TRIUMPH?, What is FAMILY? Even though they are challenging to answer, such questions prompt us to think about key ideas that affect our lives. Through reading, discussing, and writing about literature, we can unlock the power of these ideas and come closer to understanding ourselves and the world.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.