- Table View
- List View
Artists who dream of turning their passion into a career need only the expert guidance in Art, Inc. Lisa Congdon unveils the multiplicity of ways to make a living from art--including illustration, licensing, fine art sales, print sales, and teaching-- and offers practical advice on cultivating a business mindset, selling and promoting work, and more. Trade secrets from art world pros including such luminaries as Paula Scher, Nikki McClure, and Mark Hearld make Art, Inc. the ultimate resource for aspiring artists ready for success.
With roughly 95,000 blogs launched worldwide every 24 hours (BlogPulse), making a fledgling site stand out isn't easy. This authoritative handbook gives creative hopefuls a leg up. Joy Cho, of the award-winning Oh Joy!, offers expert advice on starting and growing a blog, from design and finance to overcoming blogger's block, attracting readers, and more. With a foreword from Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge plus expert interviews, this book will fine-tune what the next generation of bloggers shares with the world.
The growing legions of crafters looking to turn their hobby into a profession can rely on the tried and true advice in Craft, Inc. In this completely revised edition of the definitive crafter's business book, entrepreneur Meg Mateo Ilasco offers expanded and authoritative guidance on everything from developing products and sourcing materials to writing a business plan and paying taxes. With all-new sections on opening an online shop, using social media strategically, and more along with updated interviews from such craft luminaries as Jonathan Adler and Jill Bliss this comprehensive primer features the most current information on starting and running a successful creative business.
As the hipster classic Craft, Inc. did for crafters, this book will teach all types of creatives illustrators, photographers, graphic designers, animators, and more how to build a successful business doing what they love. Freelancing pros Meg Mateo Ilasco and Joy Deangdeelert Cho explain everything from creating a standout portfolio to navigating the legal issues of starting a business. Accessible, spunky, and packed with practical advice, Creative, Inc. is an essential for anyone ready to strike out on their own.
So many women dream of having it all--being kickass mothers and running their own successful businesses. This book helps them take the leap with confidence. Serial entrepreneurs (and moms) Meg Mateo Ilasco and Cat Seto draw on their own successes and missteps to reveal exactly how to choose the right business, find clients, write a business plan, launch a blog and Web site, stay focused at home, and more. Insightful Q&As with enterprising mothers like fashion designer Cynthia Rowley and Style Me Pretty blogger Abby Larson demystify the many nuances of balancing work life with family time. It's not easy. But this practical and inspiring guide helps make it possible.
Being a bridesmaid is one of the greatest honors a dear friend can bestow. But actually wearing the dress the bride picks out? That's the true test of friendship. You Can Wear It Again pays loving tribute to fifty years of bridesmaids' dresses, as featured in real-life weddings. The product of both fashion trends and the bride's whims, bridesmaids' dresses may take the form of medieval costume, complete with wimple; slip dresses with real feathered wings to transform maids into true angels; or the ruffled peach taffeta with puff sleeves that so dominated the 1980s. Whatever the look, you can be sure it's been in and out of fashion more than once. Some lessons are never learned. The perfect gift for current and former bridesmaids, You Can Wear It Again isn't just a showcase of bridal fashions, but a testament to the selfless women everywhere who help the bride's dreams come true.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.