- Table View
- List View
Baboon's new home is the zoo. Read how he makes new friends.
In a question and answer format Meish Goldish introduces beavers, their physical characteristics, habits, and habitat. Also discusses other rodents such as pocket gophers, kangaroo rats, rats, mice, lemmings, and woodchucks.
Are all blackbirds black? What is the difference between a Blue Jay and a Blue Bird? Which bird signs all night as well as in the day? Which bird can imitate other birds' songs? Find out the answers to these and other questions about songbirds, the little singers in your back yard.
Is a Jack Rabbit a true rabbit? What is a Pika? What is the largest kind of wild rabbit? Find out the answers to these and many more questions as you explore the world of rabbits and their relatives in this fun and easy to read book.
A neighborhood unites to create a community garden on an empty lot, then must fight to keep it when the owners of the lot want to build a parking lot.
What makes each Giraffe different? What kind of animal makes a heart print when they walk? What is the difference between deers and antelope? Find out the answers to these and many more questions in this fascinating book about the hoofed mammals of the world.
Amphibiana Little NEWTS Get ready to meet some colorful little creatures--but don't get too close. Some newts have skin covered with poisonous mucus. The slimy goo helps them stay alive in two important ways. It keeps enemies from grabbing and eating them. At the same time, it helps keep their bodies from drying out. Look inside to find out more about the world of newts. As you do, you'll discover where the water-loving animals live, other ways they stay safe, and the kinds of surprising changes they go through as they grow from tiny eggs to slippery, slimy adults. Amazing Water Frogs Slimy Salamanders Leaping Ground Frogs Tricky Tree Frogs Little Newts Warty Toads
Presents information about the physical characteristics, habits, and behavior of salmon and such related fish as eels, flounder, swordfish, and piranhas.
Questions and answers provide information about a variety of bugs, including the stink bug, harlequin bug, and giant water bug.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.