- Table View
- List View
Baboon's new home is the zoo. Read how he makes new friends.
In a question and answer format Meish Goldish introduces beavers, their physical characteristics, habits, and habitat. Also discusses other rodents such as pocket gophers, kangaroo rats, rats, mice, lemmings, and woodchucks.
Are all blackbirds black? What is the difference between a Blue Jay and a Blue Bird? Which bird signs all night as well as in the day? Which bird can imitate other birds' songs? Find out the answers to these and other questions about songbirds, the little singers in your back yard.
Is a Jack Rabbit a true rabbit? What is a Pika? What is the largest kind of wild rabbit? Find out the answers to these and many more questions as you explore the world of rabbits and their relatives in this fun and easy to read book.
A neighborhood unites to create a community garden on an empty lot, then must fight to keep it when the owners of the lot want to build a parking lot.
What makes each Giraffe different? What kind of animal makes a heart print when they walk? What is the difference between deers and antelope? Find out the answers to these and many more questions in this fascinating book about the hoofed mammals of the world.
Amphibiana Little NEWTS Get ready to meet some colorful little creatures--but don't get too close. Some newts have skin covered with poisonous mucus. The slimy goo helps them stay alive in two important ways. It keeps enemies from grabbing and eating them. At the same time, it helps keep their bodies from drying out. Look inside to find out more about the world of newts. As you do, you'll discover where the water-loving animals live, other ways they stay safe, and the kinds of surprising changes they go through as they grow from tiny eggs to slippery, slimy adults. Amazing Water Frogs Slimy Salamanders Leaping Ground Frogs Tricky Tree Frogs Little Newts Warty Toads
Presents information about the physical characteristics, habits, and behavior of salmon and such related fish as eels, flounder, swordfish, and piranhas.
Questions and answers provide information about a variety of bugs, including the stink bug, harlequin bug, and giant water bug.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.