A sound knowledge of anatomy and physiology is an essential basis for the effective clinical treatment of companion animals. The new Introduction to Veterinary Anatomy and Physiology Textbook builds on the success of the first edition in its thorough coverage of the common companion animal species. Updated throughout, the new edition features online learning resources, providing students with the opportunity to test their knowledge with questions and visual exercises, while instructors can download questions, figures and exercises to use as teaching aids. An essential first purchase for all those embarking upon a veterinary career Now with on-line resources including self-assessment tools and teaching aids Comprehensive coverage of all major companion animal species New equine chapter 'Applied Anatomy' tips relate theory to clinical practice, showing the relationship between anatomy and physiology and the disease process
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.