- Table View
- List View
Cherish the gorgeous and timeless appeal of America's northeast with this irresistible collection. Inspired by autumn, winter, and spring in new England (where the savvy knitter is never far from a sweater between September and March), New England Knits delivers 25 gorgeous patterns with classic wearability and contemporary style.Inspired by their daily surroundings, New England-based designers Cecily Glowik MacDonald and Melissa LaBarre created each piece to distinctly showcase the weather, colors, and culture of the region they so love. Projects by four guest designers from new England yarn companies round out the collection.Lushly photographed, New England Knits is divided into three classic themes: Around the Town, Fall on the Farm, and Along the Coast. Within each section you'll find beautiful multiseasonal clothes and accessories, such as cardigans for layering or scarves to warm your neck when the temperatures dip. You'll also fall in love with soft sweaters, durable bags, cozy mittens, and more! With New England Knits, you'll have everything you need for a perfect new England-inspired wardrobe.
Take this convenient ebook anywhere and embrace the hottest head-turning fashion accessory: the knitted hat.The clever designs of Weekend Hats will have enthusiastic knitters everywhere rejoicing in year-round hat style. Cecily Glowik MacDonald and Melissa LaBarre have brought you the best in-designer knit hat patterns all in one beautiful and fun-loving collection. Included are 25 clever variations on caps, berets, beanies, cloches, hats, toques, tams, and snoods ranging from feminine to sporty. This collection of unique designs makes knitting a picture-perfect hat easy-to-do, offering the best in contemporary style and customized techniques. Inside you'll find twenty-five contemporary hat patterns from authors Cecily Glowik MacDonald and Melissa LaBarre as well as top-notch designers including Jared Flood, Connie Chang Chinchio, Kate Gagnon Osborn, Courtney Kelley, Kristen TenDyke, Cirila Rose, and more. Expert advice appropriate for a variety of skill levels with special attention paid to exploring cables, lace, color, and texture.Tips and tricks on how to maximize the use of specialty yarns and accessories to add a little panache to your designs. All the designs in Weekend Hats are ideal projects for travel, gifts, or sneaking in between larger knit projects. With the guidance of this expert knitting team, you'll learn everything you need to know to master both the styling and technical aspects of creating distinctive knitted hats.Whether you're interested in comfort, style, or just knitting enjoyment and endless ideas, Weekend Hats is your all-in-one resource for creating want-to-wear knitted caps.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.