- Table View
- List View
Bestselling author Melody Beattie returns with a message of hope for difficult times, offering a blueprint for navigating the path of choice, from our everyday concerns to our moments of deepest despair. This unique collection of profoundly moving personal stories and inspirational prose demonstrates the capacity of the human spirit to overcome suffering through the cultivation of awareness and acceptance, heart and vulnerability, service and surrender. Our ability to determine our most authentic choices and live a life of greater freedom is closer than we think.
In the spirit of her bestselling The Language of Letting Go, one of America's most beloved inspirational writers guides us on a sacred journey as we learn to expand our creativity, embrace our powers, and open our hearts. Writing with the same warmth, honesty, and compassion that has attracted such a loyal following, Melody Beattie now charts a new path toward spiritual growth and renewal. In 365 insightful and delightfully warm daily reflections, Journey to the Heart will inspire us all to discover our true purpose in the world and learn to connect even more deeply with ourselves, the creative force, and the magic and mystery in the world around and within us.
The timeless, magical story of one woman's return to life and love when she thought she had lost it all.
If you could ask for a miracle right now, what would it be? We've all had situations in our lives that seem beyond our control or that have no clear remedy. In this concise, inspirational guide, bestselling self-help guru Melody Beattie shows us that we have the ability to make a miracle for almost any circumstance we're facing. Beattie, a trusted counselor for millions of readers, has shared her own stirring stories of overcoming obstacles and dealing with life's tragedies for more than twenty-five years. In Make Miracles in Forty Days she now offers the ultimate distillation of what she knows about gratitude, surrender, and connecting with our essential power. She challenges us to be more present each day and details a six-week action plan, the Miracle Exercise, to jump-start transformation in our lives. After completing a series of activities, we'll establish what miracles we'd like to create, and then she'll walk us through practicing this innovative exercise alone, with a partner, and even with our children. Beattie instructs us to be thankful for everything in our lives and for how we're really feeling; we need to express gratitude for what we have and who we are, not just for our obvious blessings. It is crucial that we are grateful for recognizing what is upsetting and bothering us. Through acknowledging the pain that we're feeling, we can excise any denial or resistance that is holding us back. As we progress over the forty days, instead of feeling lost, numb, or confused, we'll become more conscious, aware, and alive. Our miracle will begin to materialize. Along the way, Beattie reveals her own experiences of making miracles, individually and through working with a partner, and those of the participants in her Miracle Workshop. She shares moving stories of overcoming hardship and finding acceptance and forgiveness, and inspires us to move forward with a renewed vigor for life.
In Codependent No More, Melody Beattie introduced the world to the term codependency. Now a modern classic, this book established Beattie as a pioneer in self-help literature and endeared her to millions of readers who longed for healthier relationships. Twenty-five years later concepts such as self-care and setting boundaries have become entrenched in mainstream culture. Now Beattie has written a followup volume, The New Codependency, which clears up misconceptions about codependency, identifies how codependent behavior has changed, and provides a new generation with a road map to wellness. The question remains: What is and what is not codependency? Beattie here reminds us that much of codependency is normal behavior. It's about crossing lines. There are times we do too much, care too much, feel too little, or overly engage. Feeling resentment after giving is not the same as heartfelt generosity. Narcissism and self-love, enabling and nurturing, and controlling and setting boundaries are not interchangeable terms. In The New Codependency, Beattie explores these differences, effectively invoking her own inspiring story and those of others, to empower us to step out of the victim role forever. Codependency, she shows, is not an illness but rather a series of behaviors that once broken down and analyzed can be successfully combated. Each section offers an overview of and a series of activities pertaining to a particular behavior -- caretaking, controlling, manipulation, denial, repression, etc. -- enabling us to personalize our own step-bystep guide to wellness. These sections, in conjunction with a series of tests allowing us to assess the level of our codependent behavior, demonstrate that while it may not seem possible now, we have the power to take care of ourselves, no matter what we are experiencing. Punctuated with Beattie's renowned candor and intuitive wisdom, The New Codependency is an owner's manual to learning to be who we are and gives us the tools necessary to reclaim our lives by renouncing unhealthy practices.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.