- Table View
- List View
Align HR practices with your objectives and keep your company competitiveA company's ability to grow and stay on top of customer demand has always depended heavily on the quality of its people. Now, more than ever, businesses recognize that finding (and keeping) a highly skilled and motivated workforce is pivotal to success. Maybe you're a business owner and your company is growing, or you're an employee at a small- to midsize-company and management has asked you to take on some--or all--of their HR functions. Either way, knowing how to set up and implement successful HR practices (not to mention navigating the legal minefields in today's increasingly regulated environment) can be tricky.Human Resources Kit For Dummies is your one-stop resource for learning the nuts and bolts of HR. It gives you forms and templates that you can put to immediate and productive use.New information on anti-discrimination legislation; measuring performance; hiring, firing, and retaining employees; and training and development plansThe latest info on online and social media policiesUpdated forms and contracts, from job application forms and sample employee policies to performance appraisals and benefit plan worksheetsIf you're currently working in Human Resources or are responsible for employees in your business, the tools presented here help you maximize the effectiveness of your own HR program.
Max Messmer's mother once told him to start pulling his own weight and get a job. So at age 11, he began making ladies' hand-crafted bracelets. He sold scores of them to her friends, neighbors, students, and even teachers. He enjoyed selling them so much it created a stir at school and took him away from his studies. His mom then put him out of business, forcing him back to basic homework. He learned something, though. Nothing happens until you make a sale. The job hunting process is no exception. No one will know your capabilities until you become an expert at selling them. (And if you saw these bracelets today, you'd know what a sales job it was, he says.) Inability to sell one's skills is one of the most frequent failings of job candidates, according to Messmer. Today, Max Messmer is chairman and CEO of Robert Half International Inc. (RHI), the world's largest specialized staffing firm, and one of the foremost experts on job searching and career management. If you've lost your job, remember that you are not alone. Most people have been let go more than once in their career. It no longer carries the stigma it once did, especially with the series of mergers and downsizings that have transformed today's workplace. In the grand scheme of things, this time will be relatively short. Best of luck in your search! - Max Messmer P. S. As for the reference to Dummies, I think we all know that the only dumb question is the one that's never asked. So you deserve praise for taking charge of your career and seeking answers!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.