- Table View
- List View
Max Messmer's mother once told him to start pulling his own weight and get a job. So at age 11, he began making ladies' hand-crafted bracelets. He sold scores of them to her friends, neighbors, students, and even teachers. He enjoyed selling them so much it created a stir at school and took him away from his studies. His mom then put him out of business, forcing him back to basic homework. He learned something, though. Nothing happens until you make a sale. The job hunting process is no exception. No one will know your capabilities until you become an expert at selling them. (And if you saw these bracelets today, you'd know what a sales job it was, he says.) Inability to sell one's skills is one of the most frequent failings of job candidates, according to Messmer. Today, Max Messmer is chairman and CEO of Robert Half International Inc. (RHI), the world's largest specialized staffing firm, and one of the foremost experts on job searching and career management. If you've lost your job, remember that you are not alone. Most people have been let go more than once in their career. It no longer carries the stigma it once did, especially with the series of mergers and downsizings that have transformed today's workplace. In the grand scheme of things, this time will be relatively short. Best of luck in your search! - Max Messmer P. S. As for the reference to Dummies, I think we all know that the only dumb question is the one that's never asked. So you deserve praise for taking charge of your career and seeking answers!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.