- Table View
- List View
Introduces readers to all aspects of the commercial and residential plumbing trade, including home building. Safety practices are emphasized throughout. Projects provide opportunities for hands-on plumbing practice and actual application. Coverage includes basic knowledge, threaded pipe, waste systems, water systems, heating water, special cases, and fixture installation. This third edition covers current plumbing codes, and adds new pedagogical features. Useful for plumbers preparing to pass the Master Plumber exam. Annotation c. Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Create a direct link between your education/training program and the residential construction industry! Training materials are now available for many of the residential crafts based on skill standards developed by the nation's leading builders and educators. The result of a strategic partnership between the National Association of Home Builder's Home Builders Institute and Delmar, the Residential Construction Academy Series is the perfect way to teach essential workplace skills to people new to the building trades. Delmar is a part of Cengage Learning. Written in partnership with the Home Builders Institute, and endorsed by NAHB, Residential Construction Academy Plumbing provides a step-by-step approach to residential plumbing installations. Focusing on the new residential construction industry, the author thoroughly explains the process of installing residential plumbing systems by exploring topics such as tools of the trade and proper safety measures and by offering various tips to increase productivity on-the-job. Logically organized to build a foundation of knowledge, the text progresses from the installation of common fixtures to troubleshooting techniques that will aid apprentice and plumber alike. An emphasis on creative layout and the importance of understanding code variations fosters an understanding of plumbing system installation that is based on typical situations as well as unique jobsite conditions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.