- Table View
- List View
Introduces readers to all aspects of the commercial and residential plumbing trade, including home building. Safety practices are emphasized throughout. Projects provide opportunities for hands-on plumbing practice and actual application. Coverage includes basic knowledge, threaded pipe, waste systems, water systems, heating water, special cases, and fixture installation. This third edition covers current plumbing codes, and adds new pedagogical features. Useful for plumbers preparing to pass the Master Plumber exam. Annotation c. Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Create a direct link between your education/training program and the residential construction industry! Training materials are now available for many of the residential crafts based on skill standards developed by the nation's leading builders and educators. The result of a strategic partnership between the National Association of Home Builder's Home Builders Institute and Delmar, the Residential Construction Academy Series is the perfect way to teach essential workplace skills to people new to the building trades. Delmar is a part of Cengage Learning. Written in partnership with the Home Builders Institute, and endorsed by NAHB, Residential Construction Academy Plumbing provides a step-by-step approach to residential plumbing installations. Focusing on the new residential construction industry, the author thoroughly explains the process of installing residential plumbing systems by exploring topics such as tools of the trade and proper safety measures and by offering various tips to increase productivity on-the-job. Logically organized to build a foundation of knowledge, the text progresses from the installation of common fixtures to troubleshooting techniques that will aid apprentice and plumber alike. An emphasis on creative layout and the importance of understanding code variations fosters an understanding of plumbing system installation that is based on typical situations as well as unique jobsite conditions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.