- Table View
- List View
You May Be Single, But You're Not Alone. Being a great dad is challenging enough when you're part of a two-person team. But now you're raising your kids single-handedly. How can you provide the emotional, physical, and spiritual support your children need, cover all the details of running a household, and still earn a living to support your family? Being a solo dad could easily be the toughest job of your life. The good news is you're not alone. Inside this book you'll find the support, advice, and encouragement you need to succeed. Here are practical solutions for everything you're facing-from conflicting emotions to day-to-day time management. You'll find useful pointers on a daughter's unique needs, a son's inner struggles, and even how to recruit trusted friends to pitch in. With plenty of humor and real-world insight, The Single Dad's Survival Guide will show you how to expand on your natural, built-in abilities so you can come out on top as a parenting team of one. * Find logistical help on everyday challenges, including finances, family schedules, household management, and staying on top of your work. * Take advantage of practical guidance on everything from supporting and nurturing your kids to protecting your own emotional health.* Learn how to get past anger, hurt, and fatigue to stand strong as the man your children need most-a man who provides security, stability, and spiritual guidance during one of the toughest times in their life. It's all here to help you succeed as a solo dad. Single parenting takes everything you've got-so learn how to give it your all.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.