This comprehensive book on American history talks about soldiers and Presidents, explorers and inventors, religious leaders and business leaders, the people who wrote America's Constitution, and the people who fought to end slavery.
This textbook is an Oklahoma focused version of America History of Our Nation: Beginnings Through 1877.
You will learn how religion, technology, and culture affected the development of the United States. You will learn how the astrolabe and the caravel contributed to the Age of Exploration. You will identify religious beliefs that made the Puritans leave England for Massachusetts Bay Colony. You will learn why William Penn created a "holy experiment" in what is now Pennsylvania. You will discover, that by 1750, immigrants made the Middle Colonies the most diverse part of English North America.
US history textbook
This illustrated edition enlightens students on topics, divided into six units, covering Foundations of American History, The Constitution of the United States, The New Republic, The Nation Expands and Changes, Civil War and Reunion, and An Age of Industry.
This book demonstrates the relevance of historical ideas and events to American life today and to your life in particular.
A textbook for United States history from earliest Indian civilizations to the present, with maps, charts, activities, study questions, and review chapters.
History textbook for middle school students.
A textbook about United States history from earliest Indian civilizations to the present.
A textbook of American history.
A textbook for United States history from the Civil War to the present, with maps, charts, activities, study questions, and review chapters.
Connect students to the storiesof history. Connect students to the experienceof history. Connect students to success in history. At McGraw-Hill, we have spent the past few years deepening our understanding of the student and instructor experience. Employing a wide array of research tools including surveys, focus groups, and ethnographic studies, we've identified areas in need of improvement to provide an opportunity for greater learning and teaching experiences. Experience Historyis a direct result of this. Experience Historyis also a first in American History. Its groundbreaking adaptive diagnostic and interactive exercises paired with its lively narrative and engaging visuals creates a unique teaching and learning environment propelling greater student success and better course results. Instructors gain better insight into students' engagement and understanding as students develop a base of knowledge and construct critical thinking skills. Gripping stories keep students turning the page while the adaptive diagnostics for each chapter and a personalized study plan for each individual student help students prepare for class discussions and course work while enjoying increased course success. Experience History emphasizes that history is not just a collection of proven facts, but is "created" from the detective work of historians examining evidence from the past. Providing the interactive environment that only an integrated solution can provide,Experience History gives students the opportunity to examine primary sources and explore specific periods and events. This leads to greater understanding as well as the building and practicing of critical thinking skills. As students uniquely experience American History, Experience History propels students to greater understanding while achieving greater course success. Give students an experience. Improve course participation and performance. Experience History, and experience success.
History textbook of America since the Civil War.
History textbook for New York students.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.