- Table View
- List View
When the U.S.S. Tampa falls into the hands of the Chinese during a covert mission and the submarine and its crew are held hostage, Captain Michael "Patch" Pacino and his state-of-the-art sub, the Seawolf, must rescue them.
In DiMercurio's most harrowing thriller to date, Greater Manchuria, a new independent nation, threatens its Japanese neighbors with nuclear devastation. But Japan initiates a preemptive strike in the form of a devastating new weapon that will bring the world to the edge of all-out war. Now Admiral Michael Pacino must return to active service to face the deadliest threat the world has ever seen!
Islamic terrorists acquire the deadliest submarine in the world
In a world where there are two Chinese nations, a Red Chinese commander steals six super-stealth Japanese submarines in an attempt to annihilate his sister country. American forces are in desperate straits! Admiral Michael Pacino, supreme commander of the Pacific Fleet, has one hope to defeat this deadly adversary: America's newest nuclear submarine.
One ship could revolutionize submarine warfare as we know it: the USS Snarc. A robotic combat sub carrying no crew, the Snarc has proven unbeatable in sea trials. And now, it has fallen into the hands of an unseen enemy. The Snarc's first casualty: the nuclear sub carrying the son of retired Admiral Michael Pacino. The only man who can match wits with the Snarc, Pacino re-enters the game in a high-tech underwater battle unlike any that's been fought before, one that could engulf the world in war-and bring him face to face with his most hated nemesis.
Submarine commander Alexi Novskoyy has been sprung from prison by a multibillion-dollar organization with a very special mission in mind. The company has designed a new submarine-the Vepr- which they will use to wreak havoc on international trade. To test its new weapon, Alexi must Sink a cruise ship carrying the entire brass of the U.S. Navy-effectively decapitating the American fleet. The legendary USS Devilfish is called in to stop the catastrophe, only to be ambushed by the ultra-advanced Vepr. With the Devilfish down, the Navy sends Captain "Kelly" McKee and the newest sub in the U.S. arsenal to hunt down and destroy the super sub. What they don't realize is that Alexi has his own plans, which have him heading straight for the shores of America.
During NATO exercises, the French Navy unveils Le Vigilant, a nuclear submarine so advanced that it can elude any radar system in the water. But France's maritime marvel is about to become its own worst enemy. A band of Algerian terrorists has hijacked Le Vigilant. They mean to wipe Paris and every major French city off the face of the earth-and then turn their missiles against the great Satans of the United States and Russia. Despite the French Navy's protests, two NATO subs are called into action: the USS Hampton, captained by veteran sub warrior Burke Dillinger, and the USS Texas, commanded by iron-willed Peter Vornado. Paris is being evacuated. Time is running out. And the coming conflict will pit the ultimate in technological weaponry against pure courage, skill, and determination....
A confrontation of submarines just 200 miles off the American east coast is the scenario of this riveting novel set in the not-too-distant future, written by a former U.S. Navy submarine officer. At the center of the conflict are two men -one, a U.S. submarine commander out to avenge his father's death; the other, the once powerful Russian admiral who sank his father's vessel. Admiral of the Russian Northern Fleet of Submarines Alexi Novskoyy, frustrated over what he perceives as his nation's timid world presence in the post-Cold War era, sets out for the Arctic Circle aboard the OMEGA-class, state-of-the-art flagship vessel F.S. Kaliningrad. From there he secretly plots to deploy his fleet to within missile range of the United States to force U.S. compliance in drastic disarmament talks. Meanwhile, Anthony Pacino, captain of the U.S.S. Devilfish, is dispatched to the Northern Polar Icecap to get a sound-signature of the Kaliningrad when satellite intelligence reports it has been launched on "sea trials." Pacino soon learns that Admiral Novskoyy, the man who murdered his father over twenty years earlier at the height of the Cold War, is commanding the Russian ship. A message from COMSUBLANT about unusual activity in the Atlantic lends the Devilfish's mission a startling new significance ... with added meaning to Pacino. The ensuing underwater chases and battles-with sights and sounds so vivid even the most jaded reader will have to come up for air -build to a stunning showdown between the Devilfish and the Kaliningrad above and below the Polar Icecap.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.