In recent years, powerful tools for verifying hardware and software systems have been developed. Major companies, such as Intel, Siemens, BT, AT & T, and IBM have increasingly become interested in that technology. Students need a basic formal training that allows them to gain sufficient proficiency in using logic-based verification methods. This book addresses these needs by providing a sound basis in logic and an introduction to the logical frameworks used in modeling, specifying and verifying computer systems. Coverage provides a simple and clear presentation, detailing propositional and predicate logic as well as some specialized logics used for reasoning about the correctness of computer systems. The authors introduce a carefully chosen core of essential terminology; further technicalities are introduced only where they are required by the applications. Numerous examples are given, as well as a full exposition of a fast-growing technique for modeling and verifying computer systems, known as symbolic model checking. It will be an ideal introduction for undergraduate students. A worldwide web tutorial that supports the course activities and provides solutions to the sample exercises is available to instructors.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.