This book of Ancient Civilizations is divided into six units, covering Early Humankind; Mesopotamia, Egypt, and Kush; The Ancient Hebrews; The Ancient Greeks; Early Civilizations of India and China; and The Development of Rome.
A social studies text book that has questions and a short activity at the end of each unit.
This textbook is divided into five units. Each unit has a Unit Preview, which gives facts about important events. The Preview also shows where and when those events took place. Each unit begins with a song, poem, story, or other special reading selection.
If you want to learn about communities then this is the book for you. It has it all.
If you took photos of your community, what would they show? Maybe your first photos would be of your family and friends or your home and school. Perhaps others would show your community's leaders, shops, and celebrations. You might take pictures of the land near your community. Your photos would show ways your community is the same as and different from others.
Harcourt Horizons: States and Regions will help you understand why people are proud to be citizens of the United States. You will learn about the four regions of the United States--the Northeast, South, Middle West, and West. You will also learn about the country's land, water, and climate. In addition, you will find out about the many different people of this country.
In Harcourt Horizons United States one will be studying the United States, past and present events and the places where those events occurred.
The textbook is divided into seven units; each unit has a Unit Preview that gives facts about important events. The Preview also shows where and when those events took place. Each unit is divided into chapters, and each chapter is divided into lessons. Each unit begins with a song, poem, story, or other special reading selection.
A map is a drawing that shows all of or part of the Earth on a flat surface. Mapmakers add certain features to most of the maps they draw. Mapmakers sometimes need to show places marked on the map in greater detail or places that are beyond the area shown on the map.
Spanish textbook, that teaches Civics, Geography, Reading, etc.
This edition is on the geography of New Jersey. Students will learn about the history, economics, government, and culture of New Jersey and how areas change over time; how people change the places they live and are changed by these places. Throughout the study they will also discover the importance of place.
The text in this New York edition contains unit lessons on: The Land and Early People, Newcomers Arrive, A New Nation and State, Becoming the Empire State, and New York in the Modern World.
By reading this book students will get to know how the United States of America came to be and how its past affects them today.
Social studies textbook for 6th grade Missouri students.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.