This book of Ancient Civilizations is divided into six units, covering Early Humankind; Mesopotamia, Egypt, and Kush; The Ancient Hebrews; The Ancient Greeks; Early Civilizations of India and China; and The Development of Rome.
A social studies text book that has questions and a short activity at the end of each unit.
This textbook is divided into five units. Each unit has a Unit Preview, which gives facts about important events. The Preview also shows where and when those events took place. Each unit begins with a song, poem, story, or other special reading selection.
If you want to learn about communities then this is the book for you. It has it all.
If you took photos of your community, what would they show? Maybe your first photos would be of your family and friends or your home and school. Perhaps others would show your community's leaders, shops, and celebrations. You might take pictures of the land near your community. Your photos would show ways your community is the same as and different from others.
Harcourt Horizons: States and Regions will help you understand why people are proud to be citizens of the United States. You will learn about the four regions of the United States--the Northeast, South, Middle West, and West. You will also learn about the country's land, water, and climate. In addition, you will find out about the many different people of this country.
In Harcourt Horizons United States one will be studying the United States, past and present events and the places where those events occurred.
The textbook is divided into seven units; each unit has a Unit Preview that gives facts about important events. The Preview also shows where and when those events took place. Each unit is divided into chapters, and each chapter is divided into lessons. Each unit begins with a song, poem, story, or other special reading selection.
A map is a drawing that shows all of or part of the Earth on a flat surface. Mapmakers add certain features to most of the maps they draw. Mapmakers sometimes need to show places marked on the map in greater detail or places that are beyond the area shown on the map.
Spanish textbook, that teaches Civics, Geography, Reading, etc.
This edition is on the geography of New Jersey. Students will learn about the history, economics, government, and culture of New Jersey and how areas change over time; how people change the places they live and are changed by these places. Throughout the study they will also discover the importance of place.
The text in this New York edition contains unit lessons on: The Land and Early People, Newcomers Arrive, A New Nation and State, Becoming the Empire State, and New York in the Modern World.
By reading this book students will get to know how the United States of America came to be and how its past affects them today.
Social studies textbook for 6th grade Missouri students.
US history textbook for Arkansas students.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.