- Table View
- List View
This book approaches the subject from a mechanistic perspective that pitches the language at a level that is understandable to those entering the field and who are not familiar with its common phrases or complex terms. It provides a simple encapsulation of concepts and expands on them. In each chapter the basic concept is explained as simply and clearly as possible without a great deal of detail, then in subsequent sections additional material, exceptions to the general rule, examples, etc., is introduced and built up. Such material was generously supplemented with diagrams; conceptually elegant line diagrams in two or three colors. The artwork was well thought out and able to condense the scientific principles into a novel and visually exciting form. The diagrams encourage browsing or draw the reader to salient points. In addition, the technique of highlighting key concepts in a separate box is used throughout each chapter.
Long acting veterinary formulations play a significant role in animal health, production and reproduction within the animal health industry. Such technologies offer beneficial advantages to the veterinarian, farmer and pet owner. These advantages have resulted in them growing in popularity in recent years. The pharmaceutical scientist is faced with many challenges when innovating new products in this demanding field of controlled release. This book provides the reader with a comprehensive guide on the theories, applications, and challenges associated with the design and development of long acting veterinary formulations. The authoritative chapters of the book are written by some of the leading experts in the field. The book covers a wide scope of areas including the market influences, preformulation, biopharmaceutics, in vitro drug release testing and specification setting to name but a few. It also provides a detailed overview of the major technological advances made in this area. As a result this book covers everything a formulation scientist in industry or academia, or a student needs to know about this unique drug delivery field to advance health, production and reproduction treatment options and benefits for animals worldwide.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.