- Table View
- List View
Biology, Eighth Edition, serves students as a textbook in their general biology course and also later as a useful tool for review and reference. It encourages students to practice thinking as scientists by tackling the "What if?" questions in the Concept Checks and Inquiry Figures (and occasional figure legends), as well as the "Scientific Inquiry" questions in the Chapter Review.
Advanced placement biology textbook
In 900 text pages, Campbell Biology in Focus emphasizes the essential content and scientific skills needed for success in the college introductory course for biology majors. Each unit streamlines content to best fit the needs of instructors and students, based on surveys, curriculum initiatives, reviews, discussions with hundreds of biology professors, and careful analyses of course syllabi. Every chapter includes a Scientific Skills Exercise that builds skills in graphing, interpreting data, experimental design, and math--skills biology majors need in order to succeed in their upper-level courses. This briefer book upholds the Campbell hallmark standards of accuracy, clarity, and pedagogical innovation.
The Tenth Edition of the best-selling text Campbell BIOLOGY helps launch you to success in biology through its clear and engaging narrative, superior pedagogy, and innovative use of art and photos to promote student learning. The Tenth Edition helps you develop a deeper understanding of biology by making connections visually across chapters and building the scientific skills needed for success in upper-level courses. New Make Connections Figures pull together content from different chapters visually, helping you see "big picture" relationships. New Scientific Skills Exercises in every chapter use real data to build key skills needed for biology, including data analysis, graphing, experimental design, and math skills. New examples show you how our ability to sequence DNA and proteins rapidly and inexpensively is transforming every subfield of biology.
The new Third Edition of Ecology remains focused on the primary goal of this bestselling book: to be the best teaching tool possible for students taking their first course in ecology. Toward that end, the authors updated, replaced, or cut sections of the text as appropriate, and they added a new chapter on Behavioral Ecology, an exciting and growing subfield of ecology that always draws high levels of student.
This guide is designed for students to structure and organize their developing knowledge of biology and create their own personal understanding of the topics covered in the text, hence helping to streamline learning processes.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.