- Table View
- List View
This all-in-one guide shows parents and students how to select, apply to, get accepted by, and pay for college, from the experts at America's #1 educational consulting firm. The rules of college admissions have changed, and the competition today is tougher than ever. It's no longer enough to fill out a few applications and wish for the best. Students not only need to excel, they also need to make their applications stand out from the crowd. Parents often wish they had a personal coach to help their children navigate the process. The New Rules of College Admissions is like having your own team of expert advisers guiding you every step of the way. Each chapter is written by a former admissions officer from top universities -- including Yale, Columbia, and Northwestern -- and each chapter covers topics to help you • Create a list of the "best fit" colleges • Develop a strategy for standardized tests • Prepare for and ace the interview • Navigate financial aid options and much more. Your family's journey to college admissions success begins now. The New Rules of College Admissions will help simplify today's complex college admissions process and lead to an acceptance letter from the college of your dreams.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.