- Table View
- List View
<p>How can you learn to manage and analyze all kinds of data? Turn to <em>Head First Data Analysis</em>, where you'll learn how to collect and organize your data, sort the distractions from the truth, find meaningful patterns, draw conclusions, predict the future, and present your findings to others. The unique approach in <em>Head First Data Analysis</em> is by far the most efficient way to learn what you need to know to convert raw data into a vital business tool.</p>
Do you use Excel for simple lists, but get confused and frustrated when it comes to actually doing something useful with all that data? Stop tearing your hair out: Head First Excel helps you painlessly move from spreadsheet dabbler to savvy user. Whether you're completely new to Excel or an experienced user looking to make the program work better for you, this book will help you incorporate Excel into every aspect of your workflow, from a scratch pad for data-based brainstorming to exploratory analysis with PivotTables, optimizing outcomes with Goal Seek, and presenting your conclusions with sophisticated data visualizations. Organize and clearly present information in a spreadsheet Make calculations across a number of worksheets Change your point of view with sorting, zooming, and filtering Manipulate numerical data to extract and use just what you need Leverage Excel as a grid-based layout program Write formulas for optimal functionality Nest formulas for more complex operations Create sophisticated data visualizations with charts and graphs Use Goal Seek to optimize possible outcomes based on different assumptions Create summaries from large data sets for exploratory data analysis with PivotTablesWe think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First Excel uses a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, rather than a text-heavy approach that will put you to sleep.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.