- Table View
- List View
This book is a comprehensive collection of literary work by various authors falling under various genres that deals with wide range of topics.
This widely adopted text and K-8 practitioner resource demonstrates how successful literacy teachers combine explicit skills instruction with an emphasis on reading for meaning. Distinguished researcher Richard L. Allington builds on the late Michael Pressley's work to explain the theories and findings that guide balanced teaching and illustrate what exemplary lessons look like in action. Detailed examples offer a window into highly motivating classrooms around the country. Comprehensive in scope, the book discusses specific ways to build word recognition, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension, especially for readers who are struggling. New to This Edition *Updated throughout to reflect important recent research advances. *Chapter summing up the past century's reading debates and the growing acceptance of balanced teaching. *New and revised vignettes of exemplary teachers.
In the spirit of Blackgentelmen.com come five sensual novellas about the excitement -- and danger -- of meeting someone online. Welcome to Sistergirls.com, where men can meet the women of their dreams. Making a selection is just a beginning -- these ladies are more than mere images, and getting to know them is the really fun part. But just like most things, looks can be deceiving. And while the guys who take this plunge think they're in for the adventure of a lifetime, some of them are headed for the worst nightmare. Gathering five dramatically different voices between two covers, these stories travel the tantalizing crossroads between romance and cyberspace. As today's world of dating expands beyond the traditional dinner-and-movie to the vast realm of Internet, this collection offers a timely and exciting glimpses into the adventures of cyber-relationships. NOVELLAS INCLUDE: "You Are Making Me Wet" by Earl Sewell "Life Happens" by Rique Johnson "The Wanting" by Michael Presley "Somewhere Between Love and Sarcasm" by V. Anthony Rivers "Legal Days, Lonely Nights" by William Fredrick Cooper
Realistic fiction involves stories with characters and settings that are true to life and events that could really happen.
Units of Study: Cooperation and Competition Astronomy Heritage Making a New Nation Going West Journeys and Quests
This Open Court Reading Book 1 Level 1-1 contains lot of Games and Folktales for reading pleasure.
Help students build a strong reading foundation and develop a full understanding of the inquiry process.
An easy to read English book.
This Open Court Reading: Level 4 contains a variety of reading materials such as fiction, fables, biographies, poems, non-fiction, etc., for grade 4 students.
Reading textbook for children.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.