- Table View
- List View
Why is it that even though we might maintain our high school weight, few of us maintain our high school belt size? In your twenties and thirties, the layers of fat on top of your abs were the problem--but once you reach middle-age, the enemy shifts. The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle is the first book to deal specifically with the issues we face in the next stage of life, providing a plan for eliminating the unhealthy fat that accumulates around the organs-visceral fat-that is the true cause of the middle-aged bulge. The good news is that with the right diet, visceral fat can be quickly reduced and eliminated, enhancing both your looks and your health. Even after twenty years researching and refining the science of weight loss and management, bestselling authors Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades fell victim to the middle-aged middle themselves. Although otherwise fit and healthy, both lost the flat belly that signals youth. In The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle, they share the simple dietary program they created to shed the weight. Discover: * How eating saturated fat can actively trim your middle * Why the "eat less, exercise more" prescription fails--and what to do about it * Why "inner" and "outer" tube fat measurements are important to your health * How to fight the fat stored inside your liver that leads to hard-to-lose middle-body flab. With The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle the doctor duo that brought you to the low-carb lifestyle shows you how to regain in midlife the figure of sleek, flat-bellied youth.
Join the thousands who have experienced dramatic weight loss, lowered cholesterol, and improvement or reversal of the damages of heart disease, adult-onset diabetes, and other major diseases by following this medically proven program.Protein Power will teach you how to use food as a tool for Dramatic and permanent weight loss Resetting your metabolism and boosting your energy levels Lowering your "bad" cholesterol levels while elevating the "good" Protecting yourself from "The Deadly Diseases of Civilization" (including high blood pressure and heart disease)And best of all, Protein Power encourages you to Eat the foods you love, including meats (even steaks, bacon, and burgers), cheeses, and eggs Rethink the current wisdom on fat intake (science has shown that fat does not make you fat!) Stop shocking your body with breads, pastas, and other fat-inducing carbohydratesSo prepare yourself for the most dramatic life-enhancing diet program available!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.