- Table View
- List View
Why is it that even though we might maintain our high school weight, few of us maintain our high school belt size? In your twenties and thirties, the layers of fat on top of your abs were the problem--but once you reach middle-age, the enemy shifts. The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle is the first book to deal specifically with the issues we face in the next stage of life, providing a plan for eliminating the unhealthy fat that accumulates around the organs-visceral fat-that is the true cause of the middle-aged bulge. The good news is that with the right diet, visceral fat can be quickly reduced and eliminated, enhancing both your looks and your health. Even after twenty years researching and refining the science of weight loss and management, bestselling authors Drs. Michael and Mary Dan Eades fell victim to the middle-aged middle themselves. Although otherwise fit and healthy, both lost the flat belly that signals youth. In The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle, they share the simple dietary program they created to shed the weight. Discover: * How eating saturated fat can actively trim your middle * Why the "eat less, exercise more" prescription fails--and what to do about it * Why "inner" and "outer" tube fat measurements are important to your health * How to fight the fat stored inside your liver that leads to hard-to-lose middle-body flab. With The 6-Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle the doctor duo that brought you to the low-carb lifestyle shows you how to regain in midlife the figure of sleek, flat-bellied youth.
Join the thousands who have experienced dramatic weight loss, lowered cholesterol, and improvement or reversal of the damages of heart disease, adult-onset diabetes, and other major diseases by following this medically proven program.Protein Power will teach you how to use food as a tool for Dramatic and permanent weight loss Resetting your metabolism and boosting your energy levels Lowering your "bad" cholesterol levels while elevating the "good" Protecting yourself from "The Deadly Diseases of Civilization" (including high blood pressure and heart disease)And best of all, Protein Power encourages you to Eat the foods you love, including meats (even steaks, bacon, and burgers), cheeses, and eggs Rethink the current wisdom on fat intake (science has shown that fat does not make you fat!) Stop shocking your body with breads, pastas, and other fat-inducing carbohydratesSo prepare yourself for the most dramatic life-enhancing diet program available!From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.