- Table View
- List View
"The section on testing your new business concept is unlike anything in any other book on start-ups. How much is it worth to know that your new business is something your customers will want--before you invest in it?" --Pat Cunningham, Wall Street Journal Advertising Advisor and former Vice Chairman, N. W. Ayer Global Advertising Agency "Start-Up Smarts is an explosive work of ten powerful, practical steps that lay out reality. " --Dr. Jeffrey Magee, Publisher, Performance Magazine To make sure your start-up succeeds in the most profitable way, you need to plan and prepare your way to prosperity. This means learning the secrets of successful entrepreneurs--from knowing whom to trust to adapting in a changing marketplace. Start-up specialists and thriving business owners Barry H. Cohen and Michael Rybarski reveal the critical keys to getting your new business up and running a profit, in-cluding how to: Create a Flexible Business Plan Find Out What Your Customers Really Want Capitalize on the Right Trends Hire the Best People Choose the Most Lucrative Partners Complete with real-life success stories from first-time entrepreneurs and the best businesses to start right now, Start-Up Smarts guarantees your new business will prosper in any market!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.