Chemistry is the study of the composition of substances and the changes they undergo. The world is complex. Chemistry reflects this complexity in the broad areas it covers. Chemistry contributes to other natural sciences, including biology geology, and physics.
Addison-Wesley Chemistry is a comprehensive and motivating program that builds problem-solving skills and stresses the relevance and application of chemistry to the present and future life of students.
Workbook to accompany Addison-Wesley Chemistry textbook.
Prentice Hall Chemistry meets the needs of students with a range of abilites, diversities, and learning styles by providing real-world connections to chemical concepts and processes. The first nine chapters introduce students to the conceptual nature of chemistry before they encounter the more rigorous mathematical models and concepts in later chapters. The technology backbone of the program is the widely praised Interactive Textbook with ChemASAP!, which provides frequent opportunities to practice and reinforce key concepts with tutorials that bring chemistry to students through: Animations, Simulations, Assessment, and Problem-solving tutorials.
Use Virtual ChemLab to do almost any lab or procedure that can be performed in a real lab. Choose from 30 exciting pre-built labs or design your own in less time, and with no clean-up, safety, or equipment issues. Find realistic lab environments for Inorganic Chemistry, Calorimetry, Titrations, Gases, and Quantum Chemistry.
Chemistry textbook for high school students.
Prentice Hall Chemistry is a comprehensive and motivating program that builds problem-solving skills and stresses the relevance and application of chemistry to your present and future life.
The California Chemistry strand is organized into general standard sets. Each standard set is divided into a series of specific topic standards.
Prentice Hall Chemistry: Tennessee Student Edition
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.