- Table View
- List View
1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi is a fitting follow-up to its companion state alphabet book. This fun, colorful, and superbly informative book teaches children about numbers using recognizable places, events, and facts from their respective states. Numbers throughout the books are explained with simple rhyme for younger children and are accompanied by detailed expository text for older learners.
This fun colorful, and superbly informative book teaches children about numbers using recognizable places, events, and facts from the state of Tennessee. As elementary students grasp the concept and visual of 30 purple passion flowers, they'll also learn that the passion flower is the state wildflower and that Native Americans in Tennessee used the plants to help heal cuts and bruises. Numbers throughout the book are explained with a simple rhyme for younger children and are accompanied by detailed expository text for older learners.
Readers get an A-Z introduction to the customs and cultures of the first people inhabiting the Americas. Topics include Bison, tipis, Kachinas, and dugout canoes.
Readers are given an A-Z introduction to ancient Rome, including its social, political, and civil customs and practices. Explores topics such as Roman law, architecture, mythology, etc.
From Mississippi's hills in the north to its southern shores, M is for Magnolia: A Mississippi Alphabet will educate as it entertains with its fascinating state facts. From bottlenose dolphin near the shore to Grenada Lake for fishing and more: gaze at Longwood, the home frozen in time and finally board the "Mississippi Queen for a memorable trip down "Old Man River." Presented in a two-tier format with simple poems for young readers and expository text for older students, M is for Magnolia is a delightful trip through this fascinating southern state richly detailed with bright illustrations.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.