- Table View
- List View
This comprehensive introductory textbook covers biology traditionally - from the structure and function of the cell to the organization of the biosphere. The new 11th AP Edition ofBiologyfeatures integrated coverage of the newAP Biology Curriculum Frameworkwith Part Openers that provide an overview of the Big Idea as it relates to the chapters within the Part. In addition, each chapter begins with a guide to Following the Big Ideas and concludes with a Connecting the Concepts with the Big Ideas section. The preface includes information on the AP Biology course, the AP Exam, and an AP Correlation, while a complete AP Practice Exam can be found in the back of the book. An icon of science education, Sylvia Mader's dedication to her students, coupled with a concise writing style, has benefitted the education of thousands of students. The integration of this classic text and the digital world is now completed with the addition of Dr. Michael Windelspecht's expertise in the development of digital learning assets. He has acted as the leading architect in the design of the accompanying media content forMcGraw-Hill'sConnect PlusandLearnSmart. These assets allow teachers to easily design interactive tutorial materials, enhance online and traditional presentations, and assess the learning objectives and outcomes of the course. New pedagogical tools: Before You Begin: Students assess their mastery of prerequisite key concepts before proceeding further into the chapters Media Integration Hallmark Mader Art Program: The highly acclaimed artwork inBiologyhas become the hallmark of this flagship text Connect Plus: This web-based assignment and assessment platform includes an integrated eBook, dynamic links between the problems or questions assigned and the location in the eBook where they are covered, fully integrated self-study questions you can assign, pagination that matches the print text, embedded media, and text you can customise for students with notes and highlights.
Essentials of Biology is an introductory biology text for non-major students that combines Dr. Sylvia Mader's superb and accessible writing style with clear visuals, a comprehensive learning system, and abundant applications and relevancy. Essentials of Biology explains the principles of biology clearly and illustrates them in a captivating, easy-to-understand manner. It emphasizes the relevance of biology to students' lives within a framework of biodiversity and is organized around the major concepts of biology--cells theory, gene theory, evolution, the theory of homeostasis, and ecosystems. The integration of text and the digital world are now complete with the addition of Dr. Michael's Windelspecht's expertise in the development of digital learning assets. Dr Windelspecht has acted is the leading architect in the design of the Mader media content for McGraw-Hill's Connect Plus and Learn Smart.Connect Plus suite of learning tools. These assets will allow you to easily design interactive tutorial materials, enhance presentations in both the online and traditional environments, and assess the learning objectives and outcomes of your course.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.