- Table View
- List View
This book describes both the technologies used in the discovery of melanoma biomarkers and the clinical application of these biomarkers for diagnosis and staging of disease, determination of prognosis, treatment planning, monitoring of response to therapy, identification of novel therapeutic targets and drug development. A broad range of biomarkers (DNA/chromosomal, mRNA, microRNA, mitochondrial DNA, epigenetic and protein) is outlined. As therapies for melanoma become increasingly more target specific, the identification, validation and use of biomarkers will invariably play a greater role in the management of patients with this disease. Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets in Melanoma is an essential resource for oncologists, dermatologists, dermatopathologists, general pathologists with an interest in melanoma, and melanoma researchers.
Molecular Diagnostics in Dermatology and Dermatopathology presents the basics of molecular biology and molecular diagnostic methods most commonly used in the clinical laboratory, with an emphasis on the concepts and testing most relevant to dermatological diseases. Topics include the integration of newer diagnostic and prognostic techniques with 'traditional' histologic approaches, and discussions of regulatory, ethical, legal, economic issues and 'newer' technologies. This important diagnostic tool outlines the clinically relevant uses (i.e.; diagnostic, staging and/or prognostic) applications of these techniques in the field of dermatology. Molecular studies that investigate the pathogenesis of skin diseases will be excluded, unless they also have a direct diagnostic utility. The book will be of interest to practicing pathologists, dermatology and pathology residents, dermatologists, and dermatopathologists.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.