- Table View
- List View
1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi is a fitting follow-up to its companion state alphabet book. This fun, colorful, and superbly informative book teaches children about numbers using recognizable places, events, and facts from their respective states. Numbers throughout the books are explained with simple rhyme for younger children and are accompanied by detailed expository text for older learners.
This fun colorful, and superbly informative book teaches children about numbers using recognizable places, events, and facts from the state of Tennessee. As elementary students grasp the concept and visual of 30 purple passion flowers, they'll also learn that the passion flower is the state wildflower and that Native Americans in Tennessee used the plants to help heal cuts and bruises. Numbers throughout the book are explained with a simple rhyme for younger children and are accompanied by detailed expository text for older learners.
Readers get an A-Z introduction to the customs and cultures of the first people inhabiting the Americas. Topics include Bison, tipis, Kachinas, and dugout canoes.
Readers are given an A-Z introduction to ancient Rome, including its social, political, and civil customs and practices. Explores topics such as Roman law, architecture, mythology, etc.
From Mississippi's hills in the north to its southern shores, M is for Magnolia: A Mississippi Alphabet will educate as it entertains with its fascinating state facts. From bottlenose dolphin near the shore to Grenada Lake for fishing and more: gaze at Longwood, the home frozen in time and finally board the "Mississippi Queen for a memorable trip down "Old Man River." Presented in a two-tier format with simple poems for young readers and expository text for older students, M is for Magnolia is a delightful trip through this fascinating southern state richly detailed with bright illustrations.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.