- Table View
- List View
The Finger Lakes area of upstate New York is America's largest wine region outside of California. The steep, rocky hillsides rising up from deep, glacier-sculpted lakes provide protection from weather extremes, allowing area wineries to produce up to 85 million bottles of wine each year. In GREETINGS FROM THE FINGER LAKES, local restaurateur Michael Turback profiles the best wineries, restaurants, farms, and markets surrounding the five largest lakes, and includes interviews with the proprietors, tasting notes, and even a few treasured local recipes. Featuring contact information for each location as well as photographs of the region's picturesque landscapes, GREETINGS FROM THE FINGER LAKES is the food and wine lover's companion to this up-and-coming culinary hot spot.A food and wine guide to the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York, featuring profiles, tasting notes, contact information, and recipes from the area's wineries, dairies, organic farms, orchards, cafes, inns, ice cream makers, brewing companies, blueberry farms, honey producers, u-pick farms, taverns, maple syrup companies, tea rooms, cider producers, and more.Over a million tourists visit the area annually.The Finger Lakes region is New York's second-largest tourist destination, behind New York City.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Chocoholics rejoice! If you thought there was only one way to make hot chocolate, then a sublime world awaits. In HOT CHOCOLATE, the first book to come out of the growing trend of haute chocolate consumption, preeminent chocolatiers from around the world contribute more than 60 recipes, including concoctions like Lavender-Pistachio Hot Chocolate; Maple-Whiskey Hot Chocolate Toddy; Nutella Hot Chocolate; Malted Milkball Hot Chocolate; and the famous Frrrozen Hot Chocolate from Manhattan's Serendipity 3. Food writer Michael Turback suggests adding rosebuds or cayenne, frothing with a Mexican molinillo, or adding dollops of schlagobers (Viennese whipped cream), and includes ingredient and tool resources as well as a fascinating account of the history of liquid chocolates.
Coffee and chocolate combined have a complementary effect, which means drinking a mocha wakes you up and puts you in a good mood.High-quality chocolate, strong coffee, and a big mug--basic tools of the trade for Mocha, the sophisticated follow-up to Michael Turback's best-selling Hot Chocolate. Presented in a compact yet luxurious collection, Mocha offers nearly sixty recipes featuring the companionable ingredients of chocolate and coffee. Ranging from cozy cocoa concoctions to caffeinated couture combinations, recipes include hot drinks (the Triple Chocolate Maple Passion hails from Toronto, where they know how to heat things up); cold, refreshing classics (the Black-and-White Espresso Milkshake is almost a meal); creative cocktails (Chocolate-Espresso Martini, anyone?); and outrageous desserts (the Mocha-Java Cheesecake is the richest and smoothest cheesecake ever). Recipe contributors include notable chocolatiers, popular coffee purveyors, preeminent restaurant chefs, and a competitive cadre of coffeehouse baristas. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.