- Table View
- List View
Making Everything Easier!Teaching English as a Foreign Language for DummiesLearn to:Put an EFL course programme together from scratchLet your students loose in skills classes - from reading to listeningDeliver grammar lessons in a logical and intuitive wayCope with different age groups and capabilitiesYour one-stop guide to a career that will take you placesIf you thought that teaching a language that's second nature to you would be easy, think again! Explaining grammar, or teaching correct pronunciation while simultaneously developing your own skills as a teacher can be a huge challenge. Whether you're on a training course or have already started teaching, this book will help launch your career and give you the confidence and expertise you need to be a brilliant teacher.Make an educated decision - decide between the various courses, qualifications and job locations available to youStart from scratch - plan well-structured lessons and develop successful and effective teaching techniquesFocus on skills - from reading and writing, to listening and speaking, get your students sounding and feeling fluentGet your head around grammar - teach students to put sentences together, recognise tenses and use adjectives and adverbsAll shapes and sizes - tailor your lessons to younger learners, one-to-ones, exam classes and Business English learners"An invaluable manual for anyone thinking of embarking on a TEFL journey. Michelle Maxom's step-by-step guide provides practical tips to get you started and offers key advice to help unleash the creative English language teacher within."--Claire Woollam, Director of Studies & a Teacher Trainer at Language Link LondonOpen the book and find:TEFL, TESOL, EFL - what all the acronyms meanThe best course books and materials to supplement your teachingAdvice on running your class and handling difficultiesLesson plans that you can use in the classroomActivities and exercises to keep your students on their toesConstructive ways to correct and assess your students' performanceWays to inject some fun into your classesInsider information on the best jobs around the world
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.