- Table View
- List View
Here's a bright, funny book about a boy who has a pig for a pet. He does lots of things with his pig. He tells it a joke. He bakes it a cake. He takes it to bed. What would you do if you had a pig?
Jasper, a cat, plants a bean seed, takes care of it, but gives up when it doesn't grow. But then...
Kirkus Reviews Canine Kipper squires his piglet friend, Arnold, from "Aa is for ant" to "Zz is for Zebra" in a big, playful, alphabet story that is just the ticket for turning pre-readers into new readers. Inkpen adds a bit extra to most of the literary encounters: "Cc" is not just for caterpillar, but Crawly caterpillar; "Nn is for No, not now" (said to the zebra); and "Xx" for Xugglybug, an "interesting insect" picked up at "Ii." The best moment is when the audience is invited to help Kipper out when his mind goes blank at "Kk." Young children will also painlessly discover an array of additional concepts as, for instance, Kipper and Arnold go up and down a hill, discover that an elephant is too big to fit into Arnold's collecting box, or learn that the first letter of "gnat" is silent. Acres of white space surround the large-type text and simply drawn figures without overwhelming them, making this equally suitable for sharing with one child or a group. Just about the cutest puppy in a favorite series achieves a stellar new success. (Picture book. 3-5) A truly fun and funny alphabet book!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.