Great book! Mickäel has done a great job of explaining the insights from over 50 groundbreaking psychological experiments. You will learn how to avoid many of the psychological mistakes made by most investors. He teaches you to watch out for overconfidence and the momentum bias to avoid large losses. He helps you to understand how your social relationships can change your asset allocation risk profile. Forearmed is forewarned. If you apply Mickäel's insights, you will improve your investment performance.Paul StefanssonExecutive Director, UBS AGWhy are investors sometimes their own worst enemies? As this eminently readable book shows, all sorts of biases affect investors' judgments, ranging from sheer ignorance and emotions to overconfidence or aversions, from selected short-term memory to undue generalizations. Building on the expanding literature in behavioral economics, the experiments reported here shed a useful, often funny, light on the implicit rules investors use to form their judgment and decisions. This book will definitely help you make wiser investment decisions!Christian KoenigDirector, Asian Center, ESSEC Business SchoolMickäel Mangot provides a fantastic tool that individuals as well as financial advisors can immediately apply to their portfolios. This book's success lies in its superbly easy-to-use format: Mangot demystifies the technical terminology of behavioral finance by linking everyday behavior to the world of investing. So while the human examples are enjoyable and interesting (you'll chuckle when you recognize these traits in yourself), he deftly explains how these very human biases lie at the root of 57 simple but very damaging investment mistakes. Most importantly, each conclusion provides a concise, sensible summary to help you correct--and improve--your investment decisions.Philippa HuckleCEO, The Philippa Huckle GroupThis is an insightful book that forces one to question one's own financial behavior. 50 Psychological Experiments for Investors covers different topics such as savings, equity investment and property investment. The portrait of the investor presented here is harsh but can be highly profitable for anyone who recognizes that he or she is vulnerable to misjudgments and misguided emotions. A must-read for any self-questioning investor.Jacques-Henri DavidVice Chairman Global Banking, Deutsche Bank
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.